• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any word on when we can have an updated Datograph?

whatsupsei

Horology Curious
21/9/19
If I’m not mistaken, the last iteration of the datograph flyback was made back in 2010. It’s almost been a decade and all we have is a fantasy model. Maybe some people have heard from factories about possible updates to the model coming soon??? Thanks guys.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Asghar

Asghar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/10/19
Would love to know too. Come on guys push the factories!

1d6017b39690f749789d0d38bfcbeb93.jpg
e775c4ccd23a8bb14dda773a1b1f97c7.jpg
3f348199ccaf7a469d82246c383cceee.jpg
342ef2042e40ec8774157d59bff41140.jpg
e3f8862a07b93ff3133989975259a463.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I’d be in for sure, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already as they are clearly popular. They still make the version from 2010 so it obviously sells!!

Black dial with white subdials would be a good start, and a few tweaks to the case, wouldn’t be hard to do!

DC

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I’d be in for sure, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already as they are clearly popular. They still make the version from 2010 so it obviously sells!!

Black dial with white subdials would be a good start, and a few tweaks to the case, wouldn’t be hard to do!

DC

I bought the black datograph a few weeks ago which is on its way to me, so I can confirm they are still making them. I am wondering if I can have someone mod the subdials on the black to be gen-like color or buy the white dial version of this rep and swap the subdials...

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I bought the black datograph a few weeks ago which is on its way to me, so I can confirm they are still making them. I am wondering if I can have someone mod the subdials on the black to be gen-like color or buy the white dial version of this rep and swap the subdials...

The subdials aren’t separate to the dial, so you’d somehow have to cut them out of both dials and swap them... which I think is impossible to do!

DC

Allabouttime

Certified
27/4/20
Is the 2010 version worth buying while waiting? What are the big misses on it?

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
It’s not a bad looking rep -issues include the fact that the genuine is platinum (major weight difference) and sub dials on gen are platinum as well, whereas on rep they are black like dial. Date function is controlled by the pusher at 10/11 on the rep. And obviously level of finishing on the movement is nowhere near the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Factories arent pushing these langes probably because the domestic Chinese market representing most of the buyers don't care for these langes. The return of repping them doesnt offset the tremendous cost of buying a gen lange and all the R&D.

speedomega

7/2/20
North America

Satisfied with it? I've been thinking about getting a Datograph for awhile but never pulled the trigger.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I got it from rainbowkin. I have handled a few gens and I have to say this is a reasonable replica. Don’t get me wrong, no one who knows of the datograph first hand would be fooled. The size is too big compared to gen, there is a Roman 12 and of course the subs are wrong. A big tell even when compared to those issues is the Un-decorated st19. The gen movement is absolutely stunning. This is literally the same as any other st19.

That’s a pretty a long list of cons... but the pros still out weigh them. First, no one knows what a datograph is, so who am I trying to fool? Anyways, I have no where to go or anyone to impress, so who cares? The case is wonderfully proportioned and the bezel is perfect. It’s an awesome break from all those 7750 chronos I have and even when compared to my st19s, this has a date. A chrono with a non-sunken date that isn’t at 3? Come on. That’s awesome. The case back, even when displaying the undecorated movement is extra wide and shows the entire movement. That’s not a common thing. The strap it came with sucks bad. But I have a supply of curved zic zac straps that fit and match the overall look perfectly.

If you are interested and don’t need the watch to impress at those cocktail parties, but instead like shiny things on your wrist, I highly recommend.

Reactions: Rainbowkin

tal3sfromthecrypt

Looking Around
27/7/20
United States
Bumping this topic as I’m new here and would love to hear some good news... it seems like no ALS watches come close to super rep status, which is a shame

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
This watch is so worth a quality rep. If you disagree, your vote doesn't count. :sFun_mischieviousbi