• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A. Lange & Söhne ODYSSEUS

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
Dear friends,
finally A. Lange & Söhne Ulysses is released. I'd like to know what you think of her. Maybe you are as enthusiastic as I am. Finally ALS launches a sports steel model. I think it is very successful. Certainly not as iconic as the Genta watches, but still in its own ALS style. Very elegantly high-quality processed and unique. But I am also a huge fan of this brand. So, what do you think of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1CaYjsIeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qslKx8mdyg

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just saw it today. Generally i'm not a sportswatch-guy. Only 2 of my 16 watches are sportswatches;a rolex hulk and an RO. The AP i never use. But this watch looks special. I like it has the Lange identity in a very different way. But what i like the most is the fact that this can be used with a leather strap or rubber strap too. So actually it's quite versatile. But the price is too high in my opinion. Lange has taken it too far when you think this is steel.

But forget mate about this watch being repped. Simply not possible. No movement which can drive a day-wheel at 9. The outsize date is also difficult to make in this size.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asghar

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Great watch and meant to compete with FP Journe’s recent popularity in my mind. I agree a rep is tough but it might be an opportunity — at just under 40mm, this watch is too small. At 42mm it would probably be OK and give more room for complications. Doesn’t solve the fact that there isn’t a movement to drive it haha, but it’s something. And a rare instance of a rep improving on the original which is always a welcome effort.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
ZF modding the 9015 for a JLC moonphase was creative, and their modded 7750 for seconds at 6 was like gen. I look forward to what we'll see next.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

nomoslover

Horology Curious
16/10/19
Athens
I watched Anthony de Haas - what a great guy - introducing it and sure it's a masterpiece. But I think ALS is chosen worldwide because of their very specific and iconic dressy style watches like the one, the sax etc. Personally as I couldn't "accept" a slimline moonphase Rolex tourbillon in an oyster case, if it ever existed (not talking about Cellini) for the same reason I can't say I would prefer this watch over a Nautilus or a Royal Oak and so on.

Buzer

Looking Around
3/6/22
So this watch is not made as replica anywhere?
All the sites that state them in stock are fake ones?
The design totally speaks to me, I want to have it.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Don't wanna start another thread, also beacuase it's an Odyssey !

A. Lange und Sohne is releasing the new Odysseus Chonrograph at Watch & Wonders 2023...what do you think of it ?

01-ALS-Odysseus-scaled.jpg

06-ALS-Odysseus.jpg

Limited production of 100 pieces.

beanboi

Horology Curious
1/7/22
Seconding this - the designs are timeless and steel models like the Odysseus make a lot of sense. I think the date complication is the real hurdle, but I'll remain optimistic

julius11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
Honestly I don’t believe a rep would come even close to the original. Plus would probably be not that high considering how few watches Lange is producing every year.