Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Panther back in stock (Datograph)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Black Panther back in stock (Datograph)

    Black Panther was on my buy list for a long time then when I decided to buy it it was out of stock.

    https://ibb.co/8NjH2BM][/url]

    a couple of weeks ago I contacted Toro, and YES Black Panther is now back in stock.
    im actually surprised by the quality of this piece.

    https://imgbb.com/][/url]

    all printing on the dial is nice and very crisp, Markers are aligned and they sparkle like polished white gold. Case construction is solid and it feels very smooth in touch - there is absolutely no sharp edges.
    calendar fonts fit nicely in the windows - they are
    100% centered. Crystal is pretty good too - it has slight blue hue.
    Damn, Rolex reps (ARF, Noob or GMF) are not even close.
    im positively surprised with this watch!

    https://ibb.co/WsYXFWH][/url]

    Flaws, date windows should be larger - also black background - I think I’ve seen one gen version with white.
    Larger case.
    no xII at 12.
    There are so many versions of Datograph it could be difficult to pint out flaws on the wrist. There is also one als that does look like Datograph and it does have xII at 12 (Forgot the name of this AL&S)



    ​​​​​​​







    #2

    online image host

    online image host




    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by rcom440 View Post
      It's a beauty rcom440 ! What a pair!

      Have you measured it....Isn't it 42mm x 14,5mm? I think the gen is 39 or 41mm depending on the version. It seems like it's the same thickness as the 1815 Tourbillon, or?

      I think you are right. The most obvious tells are the XII, should've been a half II. And the date window is smaller. Also the chrono subdials should've been white. But i personally agree with the repmakers, the subdials in the gen should've been black, as it is much more estethically pleasing

      And in the new 1815 Chronograph they've made it with black subdials:

      https://monochrome-watches.com/lange...ck-dial-price/



      They should rep this one. It has a case size of 39,5mm, would fit a ST-19 (ST1901) movement well.
      Last edited by jm_brc_7057; 12-07-19, 08:54.
      Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

      Comment


        #4
        There is Datograph with black dial and black sundials too. ALS made many different versions.

        Comment


          #5
          And there is also ALS (dons remember name of that model) with black dial and black sundials that looks like Datograph (but it’s not it has different name) and it does have XII at 12 o’clock.

          Comment


            #6
            Case is 41mm with 11mm thickness

            Comment


              #7






              lugs are thicker on Datograph but the case looks slightly smaller on the wrist vs
              jm_brc_7057
              look at the posts above.



              _DC_
              i understand why you want to buy it again.
              Last edited by rcom440; 12-07-19, 15:55.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by rcom440 View Post
                And there is also ALS (dons remember name of that model) with black dial and black sundials that looks like Datograph (but it’s not it has different name) and it does have XII at 12 o’clock.
                The Langematik Perpetual

                https://watchesbysjx.com/2014/09/int...and-price.html
                Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by rcom440 View Post
                  Case is 41mm with 11mm thickness
                  Case size and thickness is really good. That is perfect measurements.
                  Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
                    Yes!!! But I’ve seen different gen version of this watch.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by rcom440 View Post

                      Yes!!! But I’ve seen different gen version of this watch.
                      I found a list of Lange Chronographs, which it's not on:

                      http://en.worldtempus.com/article/wa...ogy-19323.html

                      This list is not comprehensive as for example the Langematik Perpetual and the Triple Split chronographs aren't on it and limited editions aren't on it either.

                      So i did further research and found these two, which are limited editions produced in 5 units (Platinum) in 2004 and 10 units (RG) in 2005 respectively

                      Maybe that's the one you are thinking of:

                      https://watchbase.com/a-lange-sohne/saxonia/404-036



                      https://watchbase.com/a-lange-sohne/1815/404-047



                      There are some differences, for example they have a power reserve instead of a date window. But they are pretty close. It's like if the datograph rep is a mix of these double split chronographs and a flyback datograph.

                      I tend to agree with you on your first statement. Even if you know Lange you can't call this datograph rep out because they've released so many versions of the chronograph in black dial.
                      Last edited by jm_brc_7057; 12-07-19, 20:10. Reason: Links inserted
                      Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post

                        I found a list of Lange Chronographs, which it's not on:

                        http://en.worldtempus.com/article/wa...ogy-19323.html

                        This list is not comprehensive as for example the Langematik Perpetual and the Triple Split chronographs aren't on it and limited editions aren't on it either.

                        So i did further research and found these two, which are limited editions produced in 5 units (Platinum) in 2004 and 10 units (RG) in 2005 respectively

                        Maybe that's the one you are thinking of:

                        https://watchbase.com/a-lange-sohne/saxonia/404-036



                        https://watchbase.com/a-lange-sohne/1815/404-047



                        There are some differences, for example they have a power reserve instead of a date window. But they are pretty close. It's like if the datograph rep is a mix of these double split chronographs and a flyback datograph.

                        I tend to agree with you on your first statement. Even if you know Lange you can't call this datograph rep out because they've released so many versions of the chronograph in black dial.
                        Thanks for the pics but they are not the one I saw LoL.
                        the “problem” with ALS is they released so many
                        different versions of Datograph, Langematik and 1815 people can get confused which is a good thing for rep owners.
                        Datograph Rep seriously look gen on the wrist - finish is really good. When you look at it you may even not notice xII on the wrist.
                        But someone who is familiar with that specific rep could call it out.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rcom440 View Post

                          Thanks for the pics but they are not the one I saw LoL.
                          the “problem” with ALS is they released so many
                          different versions of Datograph, Langematik and 1815 people can get confused which is a good thing for rep owners.
                          Datograph Rep seriously look gen on the wrist - finish is really good. When you look at it you may even not notice xII on the wrist.
                          But someone who is familiar with that specific rep could call it out.
                          True that. It's difficult to call it out if you don't know the rep.

                          Well then i really don't know which version you saw
                          Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by rcom440 View Post
                            Black Panther was on my buy list for a long time then when I decided to buy it it was out of stock.

                            Could I have the link to the listing on Toro please? I'm so tempted..

                            Comment


                              #15
                              rcom440 Does the big date and subdials work properly?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X