• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice needed from the Lange connoisseurs..

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Does ​anyone have knowledge regarding which Richard Lange is the best rep?

I am considering the

1. Richard Lange Pour Le Merite
https://puretimewatch.io/classic-reg...trap-a23j.html

As I can see the flaws on this rep are:
visually: the sub second should be a bit lower on the Roman 6. Which I personally think is a minor detail which isn't noticed if you dont have the gen beside you.
Movement: the gen has fusee and chain mechanism which can be visualized through the back. That can be easily spotted on pictures of the gen.
dial: the gen has an enamel dial. The dial will look different maybe? There are no reviews on this rep.

size seems to be okay. Gen is 40.5mm by 10.5mm. Rep is announced as 40mm by 9mm.

The rep looks very nice though.

2. Richard Lange ref 232.0262
Visually: There is a major flaw easily spotted. The ring around the seconds marking is punctuated in gen but not in rep. Also font size Is different.
Other than that it has been reviewed to be a decent rep with manual decorated movement like the gen. Also size of gen is 40.5mm by 10.5mm and rep is a little thicker at.11mm.
https://www.intime04.co/a-lange-sohn...ap-a88275.html

Anyone with insight or views that can help deciding?
​​​​​​

vsigala KilowattHour

majwilliams0308 English Gent Xabo rcom440

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If you don’t want rep of MK ALS 1815 or 1815 tourbilion which is amazing but also much more expensive go for Richard Lange Pour Le Merite.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
If you don’t want rep of MK ALS 1815 or 1815 tourbilion which is amazing but also much more expensive go for Richard Lange Pour Le Merite.

I have ordered the 1815 Tourbillon. It's on it's way. I also want a simple Lange. Therefore i was considering the Pour Le Merite. Regarding the 1815 MK i just think that the wrong placed sub seconds on the "6" will bug me more when on a arabic number than on a roman number. Because it's easier to spot the wrong placement.

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
Does ​anyone have knowledge regarding which Richard Lange is the best rep?

2. Richard Lange ref 232.0262
Visually: There is a major flaw easily spotted. The ring around the seconds marking is punctuated in gen but not in rep. Also font size Is different.
Other than that it has been reviewed to be a decent rep with manual decorated movement like the gen. Also size of gen is 40.5mm by 10.5mm and rep is a little thicker at.11mm.
https://www.intime04.co/a-lange-sohn...ap-a88275.html

Anyone with insight or views that can help deciding?
​​​​​​

vsigala KilowattHour

majwilliams0308 English Gent Xabo rcom440

First of all thank you for your kind words and I have to mention that the Richard Lange is imho an excellent choice! I agree with #2 go with the Pour Le Merite all the way. The Richard Lange 232.026 (not 232.0262) got blue hands and not black ones, this added up with your mentioned flaws would be a deal breaker for me.

I also agree with you on the visibility with arabic and roman numbers on the 1815. I think we have to be very(!) patient til we find a really satisfying ALS rep or have to purchase a gen.

Cheers

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
First of all thank you for your kind words and I have to mention that the Richard Lange is imho an excellent choice! I agree with #2 go with the Pour Le Merite all the way. The Richard Lange 232.026 (not 232.0262) got blue hands and not black ones, this added up with your mentioned flaws would be a deal breaker for me.

I also agree with you on the visibility with arabic and roman numbers on the 1815. I think we have to be very(!) patient til we find a really satisfying ALS rep or have to purchase a gen.

Cheers

You're welcome mate. Thanks for giving your opinion. I agree with your considerations. It would be very welcomed if they really put in some effort to make a decent ALS rep. The Pour Le Merite looks really nice. I'm waiting for the 1815, will probably go for it as the next one.

Reactions: Asghar