• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ALS Saxonia thin rep

Proxy17

Horology Curious
4/1/20
It’s kind of a happy problem to have. I think of lange as one of the brands I would be willing to buy gen if I had the money. So in a way it’s “good” that reps just can’t easily make a convincing Lange.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
It’s kind of a happy problem to have. I think of lange as one of the brands I would be willing to buy gen if I had the money. So in a way it’s “good” that reps just can’t easily make a convincing Lange.

It is a shame for us that factories don't rep langes because langes are both expensive and extremely well-finished.

991_GT3

Looking Around
12/2/18
Having dealt with Lange gens in decent volume, I can't see the rep game ever catching up. Keeps ALS on top of the 'gen only' list for me, with Grand Seiko

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Having dealt with Lange gens in decent volume, I can't see the rep game ever catching up. Keeps ALS on top of the 'gen only' list for me, with Grand Seiko

The quality and finishing of Lange is so high that it’s impossible that a rep will ever get close. And this is not some BS comment made. It’s based on how reps are made:
reps are made with CNC machines mostly (if we don’t take into account for example the hand painted enamel Pateks and other recent small volume pieces they are doing).

Machine finishing and hand finishing is different worlds.

Hand finishing really shows when you look at the watch and movement. The depth is huge compared to a rep. No comparison. Maybe I’m blinded but I don’t feel like it’s comparable.

Reactions: Tig990

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19

https://youtu.be/NO5Sl1Rw6Fo

Here's a picture of the ALS saxonia thin copper blue in overcast light in my car. Really incredible dial, I was worried it might look cheap but based off the other comments in this thread I decided to make the plunge. Took a video in my office today to try and show how the dial changes depending on the angle. Strap is actually quite nice for a rep strap, too - don't think I'm going to be in a rush to change it any time soon

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown

Here's a picture of the ALS saxonia thin copper blue in overcast light in my car. Really incredible dial, I was worried it might look cheap but based off the other comments in this thread I decided to make the plunge. Took a video in my office today to try and show how the dial changes depending on the angle. Strap is actually quite nice for a rep strap, too - don't think I'm going to be in a rush to change it any time soon
Still have it? I didn’t know I needed this watch!!