• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ALS Saxonia thin rep

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Here are some measurements:
Width without crown: 39mm
Width with crown: 41.6mm
Thickness: 8.8mm
Lug to lug: 46mm
Strap width (between the lugs): 19.8mm
Crown diameter: 4.9mm

Thank you! The width is accurate. It seems though that it's 2,6 mm thicker thank the gen. Does it feel thick on the wrist? The gen is 6,2 mm.

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
Thank you! The width is accurate. It seems though that it's 2,6 mm thicker thank the gen. Does it feel thick on the wrist? The gen is 6,2 mm.
It's the thinnest mechanical watch I have, so to me it feels very thin. It is however noticeably thicker than a 6mm quartz watch I also own. To me, the 8.8mm feels very thin, but 6mm is super-thin, almost weirdly so :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
KilowattHour that's interesting because you have then thin one to compare with.

well I will consider buying this. It sounds like you are pleased with the watch and finishing. Its thickness is a bit off but if they've hidden 1 mm below the case it maybe only seems a little thicker than the gen. And also if it looks thin and you dont have the gen to compare.with beside it's the impression that counts.

what strap have you got on it?

KilowattHour

18/4/19
what strap have you got on it?
I have it on the strap it came with. It is better than the typical cardboard-quality leather that most rep watches come with. It’s a little softer/suppler, and I think it’s a very good match to the watch, visually. I did try to find this exact look and color alligator strap, but couldn’t find it. So I decided not to compromise on the look and kept it with this strap.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I have it on the strap it came with. It is better than the typical cardboard-quality leather that most rep watches come with. It’s a little softer/suppler, and I think it’s a very good match to the watch, visually. I did try to find this exact look and color alligator strap, but couldn’t find it. So I decided not to compromise on the look and kept it with this strap.

Thanks for all the good information mate, wear it in good health. I ended up ordering the ALS 1815 Tourbillon. It was difficult for me to accept that this watch is a auto, while the gen is a manual and the fact that the gen is 6.2mm and the rep is 8.8mm.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I would of been happy with a manual wind Copper Blue but that auto spinner is the deal breaker. I'll hold on to my 1815 until someone gets it right (not perfect but close)

F34924-E9-EA92-493-D-B626-107-FD95-D183-F.jpg

D834586-F-8-F42-4-E4-E-A906-3-DBB60-E0-CD24.jpg

I wish the made black dial 1815. I already have 1815 tourbilion white dial which is amazing.
i need 1815 with black dial.

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Thanks for all the good information mate, wear it in good health. I ended up ordering the ALS 1815 Tourbillon. It was difficult for me to accept that this watch is a auto, while the gen is a manual and the fact that the gen is 6.2mm and the rep is 8.8mm.
Great choice - that rep is stunning looking, and so well made, it's uncanny. Not a single photo I've seen here does it true justice. However, note that it too doesn't match the gen size. Rep is 42mm wide while gen is 40mm.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Great choice - that rep is stunning looking, and so well made, it's uncanny. Not a single photo I've seen here does it true justice. However, note that it too doesn't match the gen size. Rep is 42mm wide while gen is 40mm.

You are right. I've noticed that too. There are some obvious flaws about the 1815 Tourbillon which are not right.
As you said size is different, 42 vs 40,5mm.
Also the side of the case should be brushed, on the rep it's polished. The minutes hand is shorter. And the seconds hand is missing. Also the tourbillon has blued screws on the rep, while the gen has silver screws. Lastly the bridge on the tourbillon between the three screws has a different shape on the rep than on the gen.

Reactions: Asghar

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Does anyone have infos about the new copper blue or the classic that Sead posted in his news thread?

rN3uo.jpg

rNznk.jpg

Reactions: manuelrep

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Does anyone have infos about the new copper blue or the classic that Sead posted in his news thread?

rN3uo.jpg

rNznk.jpg

Where did you find this mate? The Saxonia thin copper blue rep doesn't look too good. Dial is fine, but the spacing in the logo is too pronounced, like the old rep. And they've added a seconds hand, which is not there in the gen.

The Richard Lange looks amazing! I first thought it was a gen. And it certainly looks like a gen too. The old rep didn't have the broken line in the periphery and the dial color was a bit off too. But this one looks amazing. It's a rep of the Richard Lange boutique edition, which has the blued steel hands and the numbers 15, 30, 45 and 60 are blue.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
OMG, how could I miss the seconds hand! Lol. Gawd dammit

Sead posted it here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supermirrors/8791518-some-new-stuff

Check the pictures gallery.

Hahaha :D :D :D I'm not the only one who misses the obious faults in excitement LOL Love it!

Thanks. I just saw it. The copper blue isn't good. I have ordered the previous version copper blue from Trusty and will do a review. The RL boutique edition looks good though. The seconds hands counter-side is shorter than gen. And there is a bit more space between the rehaut and seconds track than the gen. But other than that it looks good. Looks like a better rep than the previous version. But i don't know if the diameter/thickness is correct. I have asked Sead. Will post, when i know more.

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Trusty still has the copper blue... I want one aswell! The movement was a killer for me, but I don't have the 20k for the gen right now. Must cratch that aventurine itch! :worried:

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Hahaha :D :D :D I'm not the only one who misses the obious faults in excitement LOL Love it!

Thanks. I just saw it. The copper blue isn't good. I have ordered the previous version copper blue from Trusty and will do a review. The RL boutique edition looks good though. The seconds hands counter-side is shorter than gen. And there is a bit more space between the rehaut and seconds track than the gen. But other than that it looks good. Looks like a better rep than the previous version. But i don't know if the diameter/thickness is correct. I have asked Sead. Will post, when i know more.

Oh yes... You want it so very much to be real love and don't see the most obvious. Still a seconds hand is quite a tell. Oh I love this hobby! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for your review and some pics!!!

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Trusty still has the copper blue... I want one aswell! The movement was a killer for me, but I don't have the 20k for the gen right now. Must cratch that aventurine itch! :worried:

I have had second thoughs regarding the movement too. So many times. Ambivalent about it. But now i've seen enough Lange and even if it's manual it's so far from Lange, that it really doesn't matter at all. Because i've also realised that i never flip my reps to look at the back. So it doesn't matter to me.

The spacing in the logo is not so visible, doesn't matter to me. What is the most obvious fault is, that the gen is 6,2mm and the rep is 8,8. So it's a bit thick. But 8,8 is still thin. So i've ordered it.

I'll post pictures and review once i get it and on a nice matching strap. I'm thinking dark grey saffiano.

Allabouttime

Supporter
Certified
27/4/20
it's so frustrating waiting for them to give us a quality rep. It seems like they aren't far bug just aren't putting in the effort.

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
It is. But from en economical point of view it just smart. The use the parts they have for many watches... Creating crap fantasy models. And guess what... No customer in a mall in China will ever notice the wrong seconds hand on the aventurine dial. Noone but us cares and we are just a few. And don't forget, we are already spoiled by the few super great models we already have.

Still it's frustrating for a fan! :rolleyes: