Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

New ALS Saxonia thin rep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    KilowattHour Lets see those photos! I’d reach out to Prof Crystals and see if there’s one available for this model.

    Comment


      #17
      Here are a few photos. I tried to capture it in a few different lighting conditions so you can see just how much the appearance of the dial changes based on that:

      Single overhad light bulb:




      Daylight + multiple overhead light bulbs:




      Daylight, overcast, next to the window:


      I would say these photos capture the look of the dial better than any I've seen so far, but you also have to remember that even the smallest movement of the watch causes the dial to sparkle up like a diamond dust. So the effect is much more pronounced than a still photo can show. Refer to the video above that shows the gen, and this rep has basically that same sparkly look when moving it.


      Originally posted by m1994 View Post
      Leaving the movement aside, why is it not a good replica? I also would like to buy it
      Other than the logo "&" character spacing, and being a bit thicker than gen (although it's still quite thin), I see no problems with it honestly. If I was to really nitpick, there's a tiny bit of sharpness to the lugs' ends. If you think you'll enjoy the sparkly dial look, I'd say definitely go for it. I think they nailed the overall look of the gen really well.
      Last edited by KilowattHour; 15-05-19, 22:20.

      Comment


        #18
        Thank you for the review. Its looking good. Can you do som measurements of it?
        diameter, width, maybe lug/buckle width?

        I would love to have a ALS but most they are too far from gen.

        If measurements of this watch come near then gen it doesn't matter much about the logo. That's minor. But it's a shame it has automatic movement. They should've done a manual decorated movement.

        Comment


          #19
          KilowattHour

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
            Thank you for the review. Its looking good. Can you do som measurements of it?
            diameter, width, maybe lug/buckle width?

            I would love to have a ALS but most they are too far from gen.

            If measurements of this watch come near then gen it doesn't matter much about the logo. That's minor. But it's a shame it has automatic movement. They should've done a manual decorated movement.
            Here are some measurements:
            Width without crown: 39mm
            Width with crown: 41.6mm
            Thickness: 8.8mm
            Lug to lug: 46mm
            Strap width (between the lugs): 19.8mm
            Crown diameter: 4.9mm

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by KilowattHour View Post
              Here are some measurements:
              Width without crown: 39mm
              Width with crown: 41.6mm
              Thickness: 8.8mm
              Lug to lug: 46mm
              Strap width (between the lugs): 19.8mm
              Crown diameter: 4.9mm
              Thank you! The width is accurate. It seems though that it's 2,6 mm thicker thank the gen. Does it feel thick on the wrist? The gen is 6,2 mm.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post

                Thank you! The width is accurate. It seems though that it's 2,6 mm thicker thank the gen. Does it feel thick on the wrist? The gen is 6,2 mm.
                It's the thinnest mechanical watch I have, so to me it feels very thin. It is however noticeably thicker than a 6mm quartz watch I also own. To me, the 8.8mm feels very thin, but 6mm is super-thin, almost weirdly so

                Comment


                  #23
                  KilowattHour that's interesting because you have then thin one to compare with.

                  well I will consider buying this. It sounds like you are pleased with the watch and finishing. Its thickness is a bit off but if they've hidden 1 mm below the case it maybe only seems a little thicker than the gen. And also if it looks thin and you dont have the gen to compare.with beside it's the impression that counts.

                  what strap have you got on it?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
                    what strap have you got on it?
                    I have it on the strap it came with. It is better than the typical cardboard-quality leather that most rep watches come with. It’s a little softer/suppler, and I think it’s a very good match to the watch, visually. I did try to find this exact look and color alligator strap, but couldn’t find it. So I decided not to compromise on the look and kept it with this strap.
                    Last edited by KilowattHour; 26-05-19, 03:17.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by KilowattHour View Post
                      I have it on the strap it came with. It is better than the typical cardboard-quality leather that most rep watches come with. It’s a little softer/suppler, and I think it’s a very good match to the watch, visually. I did try to find this exact look and color alligator strap, but couldn’t find it. So I decided not to compromise on the look and kept it with this strap.
                      Thanks for all the good information mate, wear it in good health. I ended up ordering the ALS 1815 Tourbillon. It was difficult for me to accept that this watch is a auto, while the gen is a manual and the fact that the gen is 6.2mm and the rep is 8.8mm.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by vsigala View Post
                        I would of been happy with a manual wind Copper Blue but that auto spinner is the deal breaker. I'll hold on to my 1815 until someone gets it right (not perfect but close)


                        I wish the made black dial 1815. I already have 1815 tourbilion white dial which is amazing.
                        i need 1815 with black dial.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          rcom440 The black dial would be nice. I love my 1815 because it’s like having a mini wall clock on my wrist.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by vsigala View Post
                            rcom440 The black dial would be nice. I love my 1815 because it’s like having a mini wall clock on my wrist.
                            Yeah pretty much! I prefer Lange over Patek. There is something special about Lange.




                            upload

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post

                              Thanks for all the good information mate, wear it in good health. I ended up ordering the ALS 1815 Tourbillon. It was difficult for me to accept that this watch is a auto, while the gen is a manual and the fact that the gen is 6.2mm and the rep is 8.8mm.
                              Great choice - that rep is stunning looking, and so well made, it's uncanny. Not a single photo I've seen here does it true justice. However, note that it too doesn't match the gen size. Rep is 42mm wide while gen is 40mm.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by KilowattHour View Post
                                Great choice - that rep is stunning looking, and so well made, it's uncanny. Not a single photo I've seen here does it true justice. However, note that it too doesn't match the gen size. Rep is 42mm wide while gen is 40mm.
                                You are right. I've noticed that too. There are some obvious flaws about the 1815 Tourbillon which are not right.
                                As you said size is different, 42 vs 40,5mm.
                                Also the side of the case should be brushed, on the rep it's polished. The minutes hand is shorter. And the seconds hand is missing. Also the tourbillon has blued screws on the rep, while the gen has silver screws. Lastly the bridge on the tourbillon between the three screws has a different shape on the rep than on the gen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X