• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a AL super rep

Candimero

Horology Curious
14/1/19
Hi everyone, I new in RWI and I'm a little bit lost. I am looking for a Lange super rep but I dont know what factory and what TD are the most adecuated for it. Any advise would be welcome.

thank you.

Reactions: Asghar

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Lange 1 is never a easy one, it will still far from a super rep even they can have the big date window working....

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Damn... I was hoping for a Lange 1

there will be lange 1 definitely, but due to the movement constrains, there will be a lot of major glaring flaws that will sure disappoint you :(

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California

Once you see it, it'll bug you...Look at the "6" on the rep dial, most of it is showing. [BELOW ]Gen dials only have 1/3 of the "6" showing due to the seconds subdial having a lower position on the dial.

a-lange.jpg

Vonn

15/11/16
IMHO there are two MAJOR tells on these. And they are so easy to spot:
The hands!
Center Hands: They are missing a silver shim at the center that is fitting them on the Hourwheel/Minute Pin.
Sub second: Also missing that silvery pin. Plus my Richard Lange had a sub second that looked completely different to the gen one.

m.rad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18
Since the previous sales of the 1815 from mkf sucks, they are planning to release them again with almost accurate sub dial location(different movement), but obviously the back (movement) is always a tell ;)

This is great news! Never cared about the back, really.

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
Is there any information about when the new version will be released or when you can roughly expect it? Would love to get one!

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I would hope sometime soon, but somewhat doubt it’s arrival. Factories seem to concentrate on the more popular brands, especially Rolex, IWC, etc.
But there is always hope with a multitude patience.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I get the Rolex IWC etc argument. But seriously. Ince they release a good A Lange Söhne rep they will be surprised over the sales. So many people want a good Lange rep.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I get the Rolex IWC etc argument. But seriously. Ince they release a good A Lange Söhne rep they will be surprised over the sales. So many people want a good Lange rep.

Agreed,100%........
I own one Lange rep, the saxonia thin and would love to purchase others, but they are too off the mark. I too believe that there would be the same demand as for example IWC if they were producing to the same quality.
The majority of my watches are all understated, except for the IWC’s I’ve purchased. An IWC Portuguese is “ flashy” enough for my taste.
I would imagine, as with myself, in a business atmosphere, they fit the personnel preferences and dress requirements perfectly. I can only hope someone in China gives it a thought and puts a bit of effort in producing a one with the correct letter spacing and hands. I truly believe they will be out of stock within two weeks of release.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

I heard that so many times over the years if they release good rep of certain brand it will sell very well.
unfortunately, that’s not the case with less desirable brands.
it was same story with VC Overseas, people were saying if they release good rep it will sell, then they were saying if they release overseas on bracelet it will sell. JFF did amazing rep of Overseas deepstream on bracelet and sales were very-very low according to the TDs.
most likely it will be same story with ALS especially now when sport models are hot and dress watches are not as popular. I like ALS so I will buy it if they release something interesting but I seriously doubt it will sell well. That’s why rep factories are focusing on more in demand brands where they can make money. To them ALS is shot in the dark.

Reactions: Dmage and csthe