Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a AL super rep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Is there any information about when the new version will be released or when you can roughly expect it? Would love to get one!

    Comment


      #17
      I would hope sometime soon, but somewhat doubt it’s arrival. Factories seem to concentrate on the more popular brands, especially Rolex, IWC, etc.
      But there is always hope with a multitude patience.

      Comment


        #18
        I get the Rolex IWC etc argument. But seriously. Ince they release a good A Lange Söhne rep they will be surprised over the sales. So many people want a good Lange rep.
        Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
          I get the Rolex IWC etc argument. But seriously. Ince they release a good A Lange Söhne rep they will be surprised over the sales. So many people want a good Lange rep.
          Agreed,100%........
          I own one Lange rep, the saxonia thin and would love to purchase others, but they are too off the mark. I too believe that there would be the same demand as for example IWC if they were producing to the same quality.
          The majority of my watches are all understated, except for the IWC’s I’ve purchased. An IWC Portuguese is “ flashy” enough for my taste.
          I would imagine, as with myself, in a business atmosphere, they fit the personnel preferences and dress requirements perfectly. I can only hope someone in China gives it a thought and puts a bit of effort in producing a one with the correct letter spacing and hands. I truly believe they will be out of stock within two weeks of release.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
            I get the Rolex IWC etc argument. But seriously. Ince they release a good A Lange Söhne rep they will be surprised over the sales. So many people want a good Lange rep.
            I heard that so many times over the years if they release good rep of certain brand it will sell very well.
            unfortunately, that’s not the case with less desirable brands.
            it was same story with VC Overseas, people were saying if they release good rep it will sell, then they were saying if they release overseas on bracelet it will sell. JFF did amazing rep of Overseas deepstream on bracelet and sales were very-very low according to the TDs.
            most likely it will be same story with ALS especially now when sport models are hot and dress watches are not as popular. I like ALS so I will buy it if they release something interesting but I seriously doubt it will sell well. That’s why rep factories are focusing on more in demand brands where they can make money. To them ALS is shot in the dark.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by WC800729 View Post

              Agreed,100%........
              I own one Lange rep, the saxonia thin and would love to purchase others, but they are too off the mark. I too believe that there would be the same demand as for example IWC if they were producing to the same quality.
              The majority of my watches are all understated, except for the IWC’s I’ve purchased. An IWC Portuguese is “ flashy” enough for my taste.
              I would imagine, as with myself, in a business atmosphere, they fit the personnel preferences and dress requirements perfectly. I can only hope someone in China gives it a thought and puts a bit of effort in producing a one with the correct letter spacing and hands. I truly believe they will be out of stock within two weeks of release.
              Agree mate. Problem is, neither of the good factories are in to producing ALS reps... We are missing YLF, GF or ZF to come into the battle.
              Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by rcom440 View Post

                I heard that so many times over the years if they release good rep of certain brand it will sell very well.
                unfortunately, that’s not the case with less desirable brands.
                it was same story with VC Overseas, people were saying if they release good rep it will sell, then they were saying if they release overseas on bracelet it will sell. JFF did amazing rep of Overseas deepstream on bracelet and sales were very-very low according to the TDs.
                most likely it will be same story with ALS especially now when sport models are hot and dress watches are not as popular. I like ALS so I will buy it if they release something interesting but I seriously doubt it will sell well. That’s why rep factories are focusing on more in demand brands where they can make money. To them ALS is shot in the dark.
                Maybe that is true, but there are a lot of people on this forum who are waiting for a good ALS rep to release. And in general the brand is getting a lot of love. It's hyped among collectors too and many experts place ALS alongside Patek regarding quality and finishing. So it's gaining in popularity.
                Whereas the VC overseas is not a very popular model in itself. In that kind of watches people prefer Rolex, Omega, AP or Hublot.
                Last edited by jm_brc_7057; 14-07-19, 10:16.
                Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by rcom440 View Post

                  I heard that so many times over the years if they release good rep of certain brand it will sell very well.
                  unfortunately, that’s not the case with less desirable brands.
                  it was same story with VC Overseas, people were saying if they release good rep it will sell, then they were saying if they release overseas on bracelet it will sell. JFF did amazing rep of Overseas deepstream on bracelet and sales were very-very low according to the TDs.
                  most likely it will be same story with ALS especially now when sport models are hot and dress watches are not as popular. I like ALS so I will buy it if they release something interesting but I seriously doubt it will sell well. That’s why rep factories are focusing on more in demand brands where they can make money. To them ALS is shot in the dark.
                  Is the JFF VC still available with TDS?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Kmmas View Post

                    Is the JFF VC still available with TDS?
                    I’m not sure you need to ask TD. I’ve heard around a month ago that they sold out but JJF will probably release a new batch.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
                      I get the Rolex IWC etc argument. But seriously. Ince they release a good A Lange Söhne rep they will be surprised over the sales. So many people want a good Lange rep.
                      Count me in, I'm dying for a high quality ALS. Especially the newer style like this.

                      Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


                      Last edited by Asghar; 29-10-19, 08:31.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I would imagine some of the problem of developing a new model that the people on this thread would buy in seconds, is the same issue with iPhones.

                        Reading the various forums, Noob corrects the smallest of flaws on one of their top Rolex reps, up for sale go “collectors” current version, just to upgrade to the new V10, they sell like crazy!

                        I would assume like the marketing strategy for Apple, they have the next three versions ready to go, timed six months to a year after everyone has rushed out to get the “newest” version.

                        I may be incorrect, but it is much easier to “update” flaws on any of the current popular models on the market than spend the time and funds on developing such delicately understated well detailed watches as an AL&S, for a “limited” market.


                        Comment


                          #27
                          WC800729 makes sense for them. Just look at how many posts on the Rolex forum vs the AL&S forum.
                          Collection: A.Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon - Breguet Tradition 7057 - IWC Portuguese Tourbillon (for sale) - Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum Unicef Ltd. Ed. - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi. - Patek 5205G - Patek 5227G - Patek 5296R - Patek Pilot 5524G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Rolex Hulk - VC Traditionnelle Small Seconds - VC Chronometre Royal 1907 - Incoming: Patek 5975R Multiscale Chrono

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
                            WC800729 makes sense for them. Just look at how many posts on the Rolex forum vs the AL&S forum.
                            Agreed.
                            I read so many different reviews, threads, varied modifications for Rolex, which appears to be the most popular manufacturer being rep’ed. A wise business decision from their perspective.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by WC800729 View Post

                              Agreed.
                              I read so many different reviews, threads, varied modifications for Rolex, which appears to be the most popular manufacturer being rep’ed. A wise business decision from their perspective.
                              I don't see how people can even want a Rolex compared to an ALS. No comparison.

                              Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Anyone know who has this Saxonia rep in stock. Really want to buy it.

                                Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X