• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MKS will release a new AL product in no time

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
40mm? I think 1815 series second at 6 should be 38.5mm... the movement looks pretty good....

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
The movement will never look anything as magical as the real workmanship this house puts in perfecting their movement. Apart from that, and considering the quality of reps coming out as of late, this could be a fun dress watch.

Funnily enough, this is one of my fave watches in the gen world and I refuse to buy the rep because I know how top tier the gen is. I am working hard to save up for one :p

Reactions: xpresso

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16
Numeral 6 seems to be wrong as well:

Rep

classic-regulator-ss-mk-best-edition-white-dial-number-markers-sec6-on-black-leather-strap-a74789.jpg

Gen

11142015Lange1815d.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
Looks very poor. Hands are the worst part. Sub dial in the wrong spot. Font off. The Langematik Jubilee attempt is laughable.

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I was thinking that MKS factory is a reputable maker. isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
At least, the thickness seems to be spot on which is great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Os-92

17/11/18
I sometimes feel that these companies deliberately want to make these mistakes. I mean how hard could it be to fuckin extend the minute marker as the gen ????

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I sometimes feel that these companies deliberately want to make these mistakes. I mean how hard could it be to fuckin extend the minute marker as the gen ????
Lol do you think repping a watch is like copy and paste? it’s so much more complicated than that, esp the movement constraints

Os-92

17/11/18
I mean no disrespect to any watch factory. But they are able to duplicate every single thing and I mean every single thing ! Have u seen how they replicate the movement ! It’s magnificent !!but when it comes to the minute marker they couldn’t get it right ????

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I mean no disrespect to any watch factory. But they are able to duplicate every single thing and I mean every single thing ! Have u seen how they replicate the movement ! It’s magnificent !!but when it comes to the minute marker they couldn’t get it right ????

It takes time to replicate a movement, if it’s that easy and simple to create a custom movement, all rep watches would have a dedicated movement instead of using the existing movement.

Factory only creates a 1:1 movement when there is a huge demand of that watch, like rolex Daytona or panerai, while ALS is not one of them.

Mks uses the existing movement a2824 to replicate this watch, the limitation is the second marker has to place at that location, as each movement has its limitation. Of course there are ways to improve it, but it takes money and time, why would they invest so much on this watch when the demand is relatively low compare to the other brand?

Speaking of this watch, the white colour is wrong and the aesthetics of the movement and shape of the case is different than gen, if you have seen a gen ALS 1815, you will know it’s nowhere close to it anyways.