• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: A. Lange & Sohne Richard Lange

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
I have been meaning to do a review on this piece for some time now, and with it currently up for sale, I don't have much time left to procrastinate. Today we are looking at the A. Lange & Sohne Richard Lange. Coming in at 40mm in diameter with a 9mm thickness, it is proportioned exquisitely. First up on the docket is the specs.

I can't for the life of me remember what factory this piece is from, but I reached out to Mary, who I purchased this from, to see if she can recall(and will update this post accordingly if I have an answer).

40mm x 9mm Stainless Steel, polished very well. I have only worn this piece perhaps a dozen times, but it is a quite versatile piece, even with it's traditional regulator style dial.

The case feels solid, and the rep strap included isn't total garbage.

Pros:

-Sapphire glass and high polish case play with the light wonderfully.

-Dial is wonderful, one of the most aesthetically pleasing dials in my collection.

-Miyota 9015 is a workhorse, and watching the blued steel second hand glide is a joy

-Build quality for the price is fantastic

Cons:

-The most obvious giveaway, the second you flip over this beaut. It is a standard Miyota 9015, with an engraved A. Lange & Sohne rotor. Those familiar with this model will know that it is a manual wind caliber, obviously finished at a way higher quality than Miyota. This I was able to overlook, as it is rare I am looking at the caseback for long(unless it is a gen Lange)

-Minor dial flaws. This dial is nowhere near perfect. I believe it captures the Lange essence well, but it is nowhere near 1:1

-Stainless Steel. The gen is made from Platinum, which is a much heavier metal. The weight difference between the gen and replica is massive. Could be a positive thing however, as it keeps the watch extremely light.

All in all, it has been a pleasure wearing this watch. I have worn it with suits, with a t shirt and jeans, with a sweater, and it is a knockout no matter the occasion. Like I said, I am selling this piece, as I am purchasing a ref. 192.029 Lange 1 when my current business trip is complete, and this watch has never gotten the wrist time it deserves in the first place. Thanks for reading!

P.S. Included is a little bonus picture of a piece I think other A. Lange & Sohne lovers will enjoy(though not a rep)

eyOPf.jpg

ey3KX.jpg

eyqaQ.jpg

eyahp.jpg

eyYYT.jpg

ey5cs.png