• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MK 1815 No longer being produced?

JimbobFender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
19/4/15
Central London - UK
I recently began a quest to try and get hold of one of the MK factory 1815's but it appears they're out of stock. Anyone a bit more in the Lange loop ever know if they'll be available again or is it the end of days for a decent Lange rep?

The MK version seemed like a really good attempt at an 1815 too...If so and someones got one they'd part with then drop me a DM

m.rad

30/7/18
I would like to know, too. 1815 is my favorite dress watch.

B0j

7/4/18
The MK 1815 is no longer being made, and once you really start comparing it to gen you will notice pretty decent flaws. Still holding out for a great Lange rep.

Reactions: vcappp

B0j

7/4/18
Lovely tourby! It’s a great watch, but the flaws made me sell mine. Got to wear the gen white enamel limited edition tourbillion recently(Right after Hodinkee was finished with it) and the rep is just too far off. There is so much depth in the gen. The rep is even missing the seconds hand.

Reactions: vcappp and stoyania

grandphuba

8/4/18
Lovely tourby! It’s a great watch, but the flaws made me sell mine. Got to wear the gen white enamel limited edition tourbillion recently(Right after Hodinkee was finished with it) and the rep is just too far off. There is so much depth in the gen. The rep is even missing the seconds hand.

Did you take photos of your rep? Interested to see. It's one thing to be too far off, it's another for it to be a good watch in its own right. Without comparing it to the gen, is the rep still crap or a nice watch nevertheless? I'm interested in this https://www.pf-828.com/0-al1815-108-lange-1815-tourbillon-rg-le-grey-bridged-tourbillon.html but the video compression is messing it up

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
grandpubah
I’ve been in this hobby for quite some time and I can tell you that ASL 1815 Turby SS or RG (white dials) are absolutely amazing!!!! Dial have 3d slightly risen numerals. Dial has depth. It looks very crisp and very high guality.
case is butter smooth.
yes it’s misding tiny sec. hand on the tourby but quality is absolutely great.
Leather strap is crap. Thiscwatch deserves high quality leather strap. Also, Screws on the bridge should sit slight deeper.

grandphuba

8/4/18
Thanks for that description. The strap does look crap even from the pics, but the case and caseback is something that have always drawn my attention to ALS. Does it carry some heft to it?

I can live with the missing second; but does the tourby have a quality look to it? I've seen chinese open hearts before and while interesting at first it does remind of cheapness whenever I see one in watches now.

Also For the dial, have you had a chance of seeing the handwerkskunst version with the textured dials? The gen is very out of this world:

Of course, I don't expect the rep to be 1:1 that but if it's at least 90% I would think it's worth the money.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Thanks for that description. The strap does look crap even from the pics, but the case and caseback is something that have always drawn my attention to ALS. Does it carry some heft to it?

I can live with the missing second; but does the tourby have a quality look to it? I've seen chinese open hearts before and while interesting at first it does remind of cheapness whenever I see one in watches now.

Also For the dial, have you had a chance of seeing the handwerkskunst version with the textured dials? The gen is very out of this world:

A.-Lange-Sohne-1815-Tourbillon-Handwerkskunst-7.jpg

Of course, I don't expect the rep to be 1:1 that but if it's at least 90% I would think it's worth the money.

Ive never seen rep of the version above.
yes tourby has quality to it. I’ve seen a lot of videos of gen 1815 tourbilion amd
Gen tourbilion looks more simplistic than this rep.
case is solid but also very smooth is touch.

B0j

7/4/18

Here is what I can tell you, the Tourby rep is a great watch. But if you’ve seen or worn the gen like I have, the rep tourbillion doesn’t compare in the slightest. They are 2 completely different tourbillions. That’s why I sold mine. But if you want a solid tourby, this one is the one to go for. I’ll have to wait patiently for a gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

Did you buy it??