• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Saxonia Thin 40mm

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Yes, saw that too.

It's a bit thicker than the gen like you mention which I think you could get away with, 9mm is still fairly thin. Open case back also reveals rep movement.

What worries me more is the shape and size of the hands. On the rep the minute hand is too fat and too short, the hour hand has the about right size, just too fat also. It think it robs some of the elegance of the watch.

Still a heck of nice watch.

ALS_SAXONIA_THIN_211_026_FS_a4.jpg

saxonia-thin-211026-ss-cream-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and RM#1

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
This looks quite nice but they should replicate 1815 with correct spacing in the logo and accurate shape of hour numerals on the dial. I woudn’t mind miyota if 1815 were correct size.

Reactions: LordJensen

dubadotcom

Looking Around
8/7/18
Hi there. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm brand-new to the forum. This is the exact rep I'm looking for, could any one recommend a Trusted Dealer or site? Thank in advance! 1.0.0.19

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
Hi there. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm brand-new to the forum. This is the exact rep I'm looking for, could any one recommend a Trusted Dealer or site? Thank in advance! 1.0.0.19

Mary said it was available back in April or so. Any TD should be able to source it for you however. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubadotcom

Looking Around
8/7/18
Mary said it was available back in April or so. Any TD should be able to source it for you however. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks very much B0j! 1.0.0.19

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Just created a new post, regarding the hands. Trying to find after market, or originals to swap out for the reps.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I have one, beautiful watch. But I am still posting on the forum for anyone who could source the gen hands. Unfortunately no one I have contacted seems able to or willing to order them. Also no response from the forum regarding a source. But I will keep looking until I track them down.

B0j

7/4/18
I have one, beautiful watch. But I am still posting on the forum for anyone who could source the gen hands. Unfortunately no one I have contacted seems able to or willing to order them. Also no response from the forum regarding a source. But I will keep looking until I track them down.

Going to be close to impossible to get gen hands, and if so would cost an insane amount. Only parts I’ve seen in my years of searching are buckled and straps.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Going to be close to impossible to get gen hands, and if so would cost an insane amount. Only parts I’ve seen in my years of searching are buckled and straps.

BOj Thanks. That may be why I keep coming up with empty. The hands are distinctively shaped, quite uncommon, so I cannot even substitute a similar gen hand from another watch which would be close. But I will keep looking. Thanks.

hulkamaphone

11/1/19
Wow, this is a beauty. 6mm vs 9mm isn't too bad I guess. Would be nice to shave it down a little more but can't complain.