• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Grounds for contacting the trusted dealer?

BMWWW

Horology Curious
27/2/08
Hi folks,
New to the scene/famililia!

Love all the creations and mods, but here's a few questions after a month of ownership into the foray of rep's.

I bought a A.Lange and Sohne Langematik, and the rep-clasp no longer stays secure for any moderate wrist-movement. I know it costs only $70 and change, but would you ask the dealer for a replacement?--if not, leave it, or otherwise?

I also bought a B&R BR02 from the same dealer; is the knob for the inner dial supposed to offer little-to-no resistance when adjusting?
-- The knob itself has no incremental (not sure if its supposed to!) clicks or resistance; it simply moves very freely, and does so frequently when wearing it normally. I'd describe the feel as if it has ball-bearings. The inner dial is also quite wobbly when adjusting.

These weren't expensive pieces, so I'm not unhappy, but if you were faced with the same situation, would you contact the dealer for a new clasp? Would you do anything about the other (again, not sure if its supposed to be like this) issues?

-G

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm on my iPhone and can't easily copy and paste. There is a Stickey in the New Member Section by AHW. It is info on how to handle defective watches.
Good luck!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Sounds like minor irritations you can get with any rep watch - cheap or not.
Maybe a good watchsmith is in order. See my signature line below on how to find a local watchsmith, or send it off to "14060 or 16610" or "Katt" for servicing.