• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A. Lange & Sohne opinion

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
not farmilliar with the movement, must be a replica movement, anyway, I cant say it would be close to the gen, not many gens have blue screws, but for $68 I would say good buy

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
not farmilliar with the movement, must be a replica movement, anyway, I cant say it would be close to the gen, not many gens have blue screws, but for $68 I would say good buy

Well I'm pretty sure they're not gonna put a gen A&S movement inside a $68 watch :biglaugh:

But for the money that watch looks incredible. I might pull the trigger myself

Trapi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/10
This is the closest GEN I have found to the REP you posted. Not sure if there is a GEN version of this one, but certainly looks good, specially for that price!!!

Model is Richard Lange "Pour le Mérite"

Modellpage_Motiv260_025_256x350.jpg

ochaves

30/9/09
I have the gen catalog. Let me check this night at home and I'll tell you how close it is to the gen. As far as I know, A. Lange & Söhne use to use blue screws.

If you search the forum, I'm pretty sure that someone has bought this model. The major flaw it had was that the bridge says International Watch Co. At least in the model WatchEden sells, but if you look real hard, I think Trevor's is the same.

Here is the link to WatchEden (better pictures than Trevor): http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...-manual-winding-50547?t=50547&highlight=lange

Anyway, it's a beautiful watch at a great price and I think I’ll buy one soon.

Regards,

James9

Known Member
25/6/09
I have the same movement in a IWC Portafino and it's excellent. Fully wound it runs for at least 80 hrs, and is keeping almost perfect time in mine. I'd purchase the Lange from Trevor but I already have two other Langes -- but would buy the same movement in another brand should I find one.

Jim
james9

ochaves

30/9/09
As Trapi said, this model is a mix between the Richard Lange "Pour le Mérite" and the 1815 model.

The difference with the 1815 is the seconds dial. It doesn't have the numbers and it's a little higher, letting visible the lower part of the 6.

Here is a picture

303.032_main.jpg

From the Richard Lange "Pour le Mérite" point of view differences are bigger, starting with the numbers in the dial, which are roman instead of arabic. The other major difference are the big circles of the dial. This model have only one while 1815 has both as the one offered by Trevor.

Here are the 3 watches 1st, Trevor's, 2nd the 1815 ant 3rd the Richard Lange:
als000101.jpg
303.032_main.jpg
RICHARD_LANGE_PLM_260025_MIL_A4-thumb-450x338.jpg

Regards,