• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A.Lange and Sohne

1leighton1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/08
i've done some looking and it looks like the A.Lange & Sohne watches are not that popular. I like them a lot and want to know who/where to find the best quality watch.

my dad just got a gen Richard Lange series and its beautifull. never thought i would like them but after holding his i really want one. I know I wont find a Rep that will feel and look like a 30 thousand dollar watch but i do want to know where to find the best one.

if i do buy one i will do a review and comparison of the gen and rep. probably wont be the same model but should still be intresting.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
L&S are not unpopular it's just that most of the reps are not exactly acurate. It's a lot harder to rep a 50 grand + hand made master piece than a mass produced Rolex after all. Brouse thru the websites of the recomended dealers here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=104 and you will find a few. Tell your dad Nice Watch! It wil be yours one day most likely. Unless he sells it :(

Col.

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
trailboss said it the reps of these just do not compare to gen and it's to be expected considering how much the real thing cost's, Lange create some of the most beautiful watches in the world IMO and it's a pity we cant get decent reps :x :( :(

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I recived the set of two handbound books that they laughingly refer to as a catlogue the other day. Beautyfull works of art in their own right and a great read. The chain in the torque equaliser got me. 633 parts in a chain 24cm long, .6mm high and .3mm high! How about a 31 day power reserve in a hand wind? You need a key to wind it the torque is so high. Truly works of art that I would dealy love to own.

Lang31 MVT:
con_pic_lange31_werk_03.jpg

Now, rep that! :)

Col.

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
I would love to see those can you share where you got them TB??

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
cazIRL said:
I would love to see those can you share where you got them TB??

Um, A Lange & Sohne? Just ask nicely.

Col.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yep, most Langs are hand wind. Most truly good watches are.
He could have taken the plastic off for the pic tho!

Col.

nicebloke

Horology Curious
2/7/08
My friend bought an A. Lange rep for himself but decided he didn't like it - too plain and not enough presence for his taste. Now his wife wears it, and it looks amazing on her because obviously her wrists are smaller.

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
nicebloke said:
My friend bought an A. Lange rep for himself but decided he didn't like it - too plain and not enough presence for his taste.

Should have went with a Super Avenger :lol:
Most AL&S's don't make a big statement, there just beautiful pieces of understated elegance, well the Gens anyways :lol: