• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of 1815 Tourbillon

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
rcom440 majwilliams0308 haha i just sold my V1 ALS Tourby. Stupid decision i can see now. Although it was a bit big for me anyhow. And had too many flaws for my liking. Although quality wise it was one of the best pieces i have had. Movement winded smooth like butter and the dial shimmered really nice. The build quality was superb.

This V2 is too thick then. It's not so visible on the pictures/video of the rep, but when you send the Joker pictures it is horrifying!

Btw Watchfinder has the V2.

Oh man, you should keep it. I don’t think I saw wrist shot of your v1. How big did it look on your wrist.
the thing is if you get used to calatravas and then try ALS then yeah it may feel large but in reality it may not be the case.
but I feel almost 14mm for a dress watch is ridiculous.
i hope they will make some new ALS reps soon.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Oh man, you should keep it. I don’t think I saw wrist shot of your v1. How big did it look on your wrist.
the thing is if you get used to calatravas and then try ALS then yeah it may feel large but in reality it may not be the case.
but I feel almost 14mm for a dress watch is ridiculous.
i hope they will make some new ALS reps soon.

Too late :D Posted it today. It's on it's way to NF1965

I can show you a wristshot. I think it was 42,5mm. For me the maximum is a short lugged 42mm or preferably 41mm.

20191103-185157.jpg
20191128-073000.jpg

I'm already missing it :S

Last edited:

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
It will be awesome if it is 13mm, 14mm is just too thick for most of us...

從我的iPhone使用RWI 發送

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Too late :D Posted it today. It's on it's way to NF1965

I can show you a wristshot. I think it was 42,5mm. For me the maximum is a short lugged 42mm or preferably 41mm.

20191103-185157.jpg
20191128-073000.jpg

I'm already missing it :S

It doesn’t look too bad. Also, pictures also make it look larger than it is.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It doesn’t look too bad. Also, pictures also make it look larger than it is.
Yeah, it's always so in pictures. I always felt the dial was too big. It wasn't proportionated as the gen.

1.jpg

I was going to buy the new version. But i'll wait and see if some better reps come around.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Vqfu3p.jpg

Compared to this Joker dont you think the new ALS will wear thinner even though they are the same thickness?

Ve-MOjqn-d.jpg

Because the lugs are thinner. The caseback is thicker on the ALS and therefore a lot of the case height will lie in the wrist. The midcase is also thinner on the ALS.

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Okay gents! I've ordered the new version 1815 Tourbillon!

Which version? Which TD? How much was it? Please keep us updated :)

I only ask because this is outside of the normal TD route, so I am very curious what's going on with this one.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Which version? Which TD? How much was it? Please keep us updated :)

I only ask because this is outside of the normal TD route, so I am very curious what's going on with this one.

The one i ordered is the new version. I've ordered the SS.
No problem. Fat Panda has it for 688 mate. Same prices as the old version.

jvevermind

6/3/17
The one i ordered is the new version. I've ordered the SS.
No problem. Fat Panda has it for 688 mate. Same prices as the old version.
Just have a look at the update version. Looks crazy good imo especially when they have made the tourbillon more gen like. Please keep us update. Im on the edge of getting one also :)

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just have a look at the update version. Looks crazy good imo especially when they have made the tourbillon more gen like. Please keep us update. Im on the edge of getting one also :)

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

I will. People think it's too thick. But let's see on the wrist when it arrives.

Reactions: xpresso

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
The Handwerkskunst 1815 Tourbillon is exceptional. Such a beautiful piece. I don't know if they will update it though. I bought the VC Tourbillon in RG, i'm pulling the trigger on the SS/white dial new version.
There are a few colors/styles of Handwerkskunst reps. On photos and videos I could never tell if they truly look and feel high quality or not. Are there any reviews of them? Any consensus on which one is the best looking?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the new 1815 rep also - there are things about it that look very appealing.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
There are a few colors/styles of Handwerkskunst reps. On photos and videos I could never tell if they truly look and feel high quality or not. Are there any reviews of them? Any consensus on which one is the best looking?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the new 1815 rep also - there are things about it that look very appealing.

Yeah. It does. It's on it's way. I will share some thoughts on it.

Regarding the Handwerkskunst it's only the rosegold one that was made in gen as a limited edition. There are no reviews on it here or on RWG. One fellow bought a SS/silver dial of the Handwerkskunst, which was a fantasy color combi. I wrote it here on RWI. I don't remember if it was in a sales thread or a separate thread. Maybe you can search it here. There were a lot of pictures of it.

I haven't seen the new one in Handwerkskunst edition though.