• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of 1815 Tourbillon

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
SO classy buddy. Looks awesome on the wrist. I miss it!
Thank you so much for this. It is going to spend a good bit of time in the watchbox, but when it comes out it will be a real stunner.

Snazzy

Horology Curious
20/4/17
Got mine in today and WOW! What a stunner. Excuse the lack of formal-wear. :D Never received a rep of this quality. Everything looks phenomenal. Color me impressed!

7mgrmeD.jpg

D

d4m.test

What a ridiculously gorgeous watch. If you don't mind revealing the source, how much and where from?

Snazzy

Horology Curious
20/4/17
I got mine from a dealer that isn't a TD here but is over at RWG and undercuts everyone else by about 15%. He's great. I got my 1815 Tourby for $545. A bit on the pricey side, but the Seagull Tourb has been rock-solid at +/- 4 sec/day. Finishing on case is beautiful as well. Definitely the best rep I own—not in terms of accuracy to gen (because it doesn't really look very similar to gen)—but in terms of quality... it's a stunner!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
So Toro sells them for around $545?

what do you guys think about stainless steel version of this rep? I’m not sure if I should go for gold or SS.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Just got QC pic with this crazy looking & engraved.

didnt accept it.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Please post pics once you have it!

I received it this afternoon.
The quality of this rep is amazing!!!!
case feels very solid, amazingly smooth in touch, it feels heavy.
Every detail io the dial is very crisp and refined. There is something really special about that rep. It’s stainless steel but for some reason it feels pretty heavy which is great because gen is platinum. It just feel premium in touch.
when it comes to size, yes it’s slightly larger than gen but on the wrist it’s hard to see it. For some strange reason it looks larger in the pic (wrist shoots) in real life it doesn’t look that large. It’s not tuna fish can thick. It sits flat on the wrisr.
in my opinion quality of this watch is on part with ARF Daytona. Yes it’s missing the small second hand on the Tourbillon but it’s absolutely not a deal breaker here. In real life it’s hard to see that second hand on the gen and I’ve seen many vids of the gen.

the only thing that feels extremely cheep is the black strap. This rep deserves some amazing strap preferably black alligator. I noticed buckle has sharp edges but I will be able to work on the buckle. I will make it smooth.

Watch looks masculine- it’s doesn’t look delicate like some of the Pateks but at the same time it doesn’t look too big or can lose thick. It’s just right.
im surprised not too many people bought this rep.
To me finish of the case, dial and caseback is better than on reps like JF Diver v7 it even JF Rolex Oyster Perpetual. It just feel premium in touch but leather strap needs to be changed. I will probably get one soon.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I received it this afternoon.
The quality of this rep is amazing!!!!
case feels very solid, amazingly smooth in touch, it feels heavy.
Every detail io the dial is very crisp and refined. There is something really special about that rep. It’s stainless steel but for some reason it feels pretty heavy which is great because gen is platinum. It just feel premium in touch.
when it comes to size, yes it’s slightly larger than gen but on the wrist it’s hard to see it. For some strange reason it looks larger in the pic (wrist shoots) in real life it doesn’t look that large. It’s not tuna fish can thick. It sits flat on the wrisr.
in my opinion quality of this watch is on part with ARF Daytona. Yes it’s missing the small second hand on the Tourbillon but it’s absolutely not a deal breaker here. In real life it’s hard to see that second hand on the gen and I’ve seen many vids of the gen.

the only thing that feels extremely cheep is the black strap. This rep deserves some amazing strap preferably black alligator. I noticed buckle has sharp edges but I will be able to work on the buckle. I will make it smooth.

Watch looks masculine- it’s doesn’t look delicate like some of the Pateks but at the same time it doesn’t look too big or can lose thick. It’s just right.
im surprised not too many people bought this rep.
To me finish of the case, dial and caseback is better than on reps like JF Diver v7 it even JF Rolex Oyster Perpetual. It just feel premium in touch but leather strap needs to be changed. I will probably get one soon.

It's stunning, it really is, congrats on the purchase! This is not a popular rep because Lange is not a popular brand, doesn't give you any "street cred" so to say....