• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What A Lange & Sohne are you wearing today?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Wow! This is looking really great.. It doesn't look that thick. I would buy it if it has working subseconds, minutes, hours and the power reserce... The finishing looks superb.. If it wasn't for the strap i would've guessed it's a gen... The gen rosegold comes with a brown strap.

All gens in this pic mate. China will never be able to replicate this watch imo

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I’d love factories finally rep Lange one or 1915 moon phase.

Beautiful!! Could be great. But i think there is no rep movement supporting a moon phase at 7. Only if they make a non-functional moon phase. A disk below the dial, which is either not movable at all, or can be moved by the recessed pusher. Like they've done in other reps.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
rcom440

I'm dreaming of this. The A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Chronograph. I think it's realistic for them to make it with a venus manual wound chronograph movement.

04-a-Lange-sohne-1815.jpg

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
rcom440 Its interesting. If you look at the subdial placement on your datograph and the 1815 Chronograph. It's actually only the dial that needs to be changed. A case which is almost similar, only without the pusher at 10.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
rcom440

I'm dreaming of this. The A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Chronograph. I think it's realistic for them to make it with a venus manual wound chronograph movement.

04-a-Lange-sohne-1815.jpg

This is very easily achievable for factories. It’s a simple chronograph.
unfortunately the interest is very low in Lange comparing to Patek, Rolex or even JLC - that’s why we don’t see too many AL&S reps.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
This is very easily achievable for factories. It’s a simple chronograph.
unfortunately the interest is very low in Lange comparing to Patek, Rolex or even JLC - that’s why we don’t see too many AL&S reps.

Thats why i wonder why they haven't repped this yet. It's a stunning timepiece. Problem is also the reps of AL&S haven't been that great so they are harder to sell. It's a spiral.

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
Exquisite! Do you like it? This has less flaws than the black dial datograph.

Thanks! Love the look of it, but slightly too big for me. Hmm I never really looked into the black dial version, what's flaws are there compared to this one.

While I'm glad they moved the 3 and 9 subdials a bit further down like the gen, it does put its reliability into question no? Like the A7750 with seconds at 6.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks! Love the look of it, but slightly too big for me. Hmm I never really looked into the black dial version, what's flaws are there compared to this one.

While I'm glad they moved the 3 and 9 subdials a bit further down like the gen, it does put its reliability into question no? Like the A7750 with seconds at 6.

I'm not sure if they put in some extra gears to move the subdials down. The watch has a seagull st19 movement (venus copy). The seagull st19 has a lot of variations fx the st1901 which is the most common with the subdials placed exactly at 9 and 3. I haven't checked though. If it is a variation of the movement in this watch is should be reliable. Could be the case. Many members have had them for a long time.

The black dial version has black subdials. Even though it looks better in gen they are silver.

Your version is more correct being gold plated.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I'm not sure if they put in some extra gears to move the subdials down. The watch has a seagull st19 movement (venus copy). The seagull st19 has a lot of variations fx the st1901 which is the most common with the subdials placed exactly at 9 and 3. I haven't checked though. If it is a variation of the movement in this watch is should be reliable. Could be the case. Many members have had them for a long time.

The black dial version has black subdials. Even though it looks better in gen they are silver.

Your version is more correct being gold plated.

There are gen datographs with black dial and black sub-dials and I’m not talking about perpetual tourbillion black dial version.

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Looks good buddy but can’t quite see it under the shirt cuff.

Looks like a wrist full of watch to me haha, kinda bad for an elegant style dress watch. The RG finish is surprisingly good thou, not sure if you can feel it in the photo.