• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What A Lange & Sohne are you wearing today?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
A Lange & Sohne does not get enough love around here. It seems like the rep world is getting more and more Lange's, and I'd love to see what you may have on your wrist. You know the drill.

I'll start:

lVrW6Yul.jpg

cleebeauregard

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/1/15
I'm a huge Lange fan-- the Lange 1 is one of my absolute favorite watches. Unfortunately, it's extremely unlikely there will ever be a decent rep due to the difficulties inherent in attempting to adapt standard clone movements to the atypical dial layout. The 1815, Saxonia, and Datographs are pretty damn good though. Here are a cof mine-- a gen strap goes a long way as well..

%5BURL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/cleebeauregard/media/Watches/A%20Lange%20Saxonia%20Big%20Date/image1_zpss9meaaxe.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/cleebeauregard/Watches/A%20Lange%20Saxonia%20Big%20Date/image1_zpss9meaaxe.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
%5BURL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/cleebeauregard/media/Watches/A%20Lange%20Saxonia%20Big%20Date/IMG_0796_zpsljfai2lr.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/cleebeauregard/Watches/A%20Lange%20Saxonia%20Big%20Date/IMG_0796_zpsljfai2lr.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

%5BURL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/cleebeauregard/media/Watches/A%20Lange%20Sohne%201815%20Tourbillon/B216F199-BFFC-450E-8DFB-B29B852A2718_zpstlrhwmaf.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/cleebeauregard/Watches/A%20Lange%20Sohne%201815%20Tourbillon/B216F199-BFFC-450E-8DFB-B29B852A2718_zpstlrhwmaf.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
Same here. Love the ALS but the reps are so underwhelming that this is one of the few gens I will consider. I understand that replicating the asymmetric layout with available Chinese movements is a challenge but they could at least get the right font on the Big Date.

The only rep I have is the Grand Lange 1 Moonphase. It leaves a lot to be desired but I kept it because I love the gen.

IMG_20160607_200534_zpswxcuyrxp.jpg

Reactions: Asghar

cleebeauregard

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/1/15
Not a lot of love here. I just got this in yesterday!

mOriof2h.jpg
I recently traded a 5227r Calatrava for one of these. Excellent quality, and despite being too large (rep is 42mm vs. gen is 39mm) wrong size date, and some errors on the dial (I.e. The big "XII" at high noon, for example) its overall a pretty decent representation of the gen.

D

d4m.test

yllekp, that watch looks great in photos. Are you pleased w/ it ? Which seller did you buy this from?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
yllekp, that watch looks great in photos. Are you pleased w/ it ? Which seller did you buy this from?
So far she looks like a keeper, maybe a box queen but I do not mind that she is a beauty. I have to decide if I am going to keep my AP Tourby now, decisions decisions lol. I bought it off the thread starter himself @majwilliams0308

DhNlafL.jpg

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
So far she looks like a keeper, maybe a box queen but I do not mind that she is a beauty. I have to decide if I am going to keep my AP Tourby now, decisions decisions lol. I bought it off the thread starter himself @majwilliams0308

DhNlafL.jpg

One of the coolest rep tourbies IMO. Just so classy and that 3d printing on the dial... beautiful..!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
One of the coolest rep tourbies IMO. Just so classy and that 3d printing on the dial... beautiful..!
Thank you, I would have to agree with you lol. I was looking for the right one and this may be it. Yes it is far off a perfect copy, but who cares it is just a beauty. I have a nice strap on the way for her too :) Also if I really want to go to the next level with her I give her to my watchmaker for a good few months and get back a beautiful refined tourby, he wants to make new hands for it already as he does not think they are quite right lol. However do I really wnat to invest that much for a watch I will only wear on dress occasions? Depends on how obsessed I get I guess lol.

Reactions: Asghar

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Thank you, I would have to agree with you lol. I was looking for the right one and this may be it. Yes it is far off a perfect copy, but who cares it is just a beauty. I have a nice strap on the way for her too :) Also if I really want to go to the next level with her I give her to my watchmaker for a good few months and get back a beautiful refined tourby, he wants to make new hands for it already as he does not think they are quite right lol. However do I really wnat to invest that much for a watch I will only wear on dress occasions? Depends on how obsessed I get I guess lol.

Let's just be honest for a second here... You're probably going to get it done in the future :)

I totally agree, even if not a perfect copy of the gen, it's fantastic. Unless you run into the CEO of Lange nobody is going to know anyways - that is if they even know Lange at all.

I'm actually really surprised we can get a rep with seagull tourby at these prices. Looking at Gen seagull tourbs they start at around $2k and upwards!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Let's just be honest for a second here... You're probably going to get it done in the future :)

I totally agree, even if not a perfect copy of the gen, it's fantastic. Unless you run into the CEO of Lange nobody is going to know anyways - that is if they even know Lange at all.

I'm actually really surprised we can get a rep with seagull tourby at these prices. Looking at Gen seagull tourbs they start at around $2k and upwards!
I totally agree. My watchmaker is shocked that the Chinese are producing these en masse at this price. It is not that refined and loads of false bridges and unnecessary jewels but really well made at the same time. The tourbillon is just such an aesthetically pleasing movement. Everyone should have one or possibly 20 like @Hyjynx.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I totally agree. My watchmaker is shocked that the Chinese are producing these en masse at this price. It is not that refined and loads of false bridges and unnecessary jewels but really well made at the same time. The tourbillon is just such an aesthetically pleasing movement. Everyone should have one or possibly 20 like @Hyjynx.

LOL! I've actually been taking an interest in this beautiful ALS tourbillon ever since you got one. But first, I need to complete a trifecta with a Tourby@9.

I started just wanting a black and a white dial. Then one on steel bracelet. Then a skeleton. Now I want all available tourbillon positions (@6, @9 and @12. I've yet to see @3). And that, my friend, is how method turned into madness! [emoji12][emoji1]

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
LOL! I've actually been taking an interest in this beautiful ALS tourbillon ever since you got one. But first, I need to complete a trifecta with a Tourby@9.

I started just wanting a black and a white dial. Then one on steel bracelet. Then a skeleton. Now I want all available tourbillon positions (@6, @9 and @12. I've yet to see @3). And that, my friend, is how method turned into madness! [emoji12][emoji1]
I have just two and doing an eeny meeny miny moe on them lol. But struggling to bite the bullet and let one go.