• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[ALS] New 2016 Saxonia 384.026 Moonphase

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Like @habez said, it really doesn't wear thick and it doesn't look weird. Do I occasionally wish it was thinner? You bet. But I don't really notice too bad.

bd745f4f0ed0e425b408eb6b425500b8.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

I guess I won't know until I can see it in person. But from the photos it gives off a very disproportionate height to diameter ratio..

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Isn't the movement causing the date window to be too small? I don't think they intentionally repped it that small, I think it's a limitation.

thelittleprince

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/7/16
Honestly its a let down! People who love ALS are defending this one. Truth of the matter is its ridiculously thick for a dress watch, and thats what it is a dress watch!

leviathan07

Horology Curious
11/1/17
I purchased one and I am really happy with it. Design is beautiful.

It is thicker than gen, yes. But who cares less? Trust me - I am coming from a designer-family. They say it is still good enough for dress. There are much ticker dress watches out there.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I purchased one and I am really happy with it. Design is beautiful.

It is thicker than gen, yes. But who cares less? Trust me - I am coming from a designer-family. They say it is still good enough for dress. There are much ticker dress watches out there.

Which dress watches are thicker?

leviathan07

Horology Curious
11/1/17
Which dress watches are thicker?

It depends on how you define dress watch. Take JLC Master Tourbillon as same category:
http://puretime03.com/watch-brands/...llon/master-tourbillon-gmt-ss-black-dial.html

If you have no shame to use braclettes, you will find a lot of elegant beauties from Rolex. Not the watch decides, whether it is nice to have for dress. But your attitude. Feel self-confident with your dress+watch and everybody will appreciate ANY watch you wear, f.e. Breitling. Now we can start a discussion about character, but I think you already catched my drift :).

Reactions: Asghar

ferino20

Horology Curious
11/2/16
I bought one too, cant wait to get them, currently on the way through UK to SVK. From what I see here wont be disappointed. Agree with leviathan07, depends how you define the dress watch.I have seen many people wearing thick watch with dress and be confident to do so, also many wearing very thin barerly spoted during meetings. Depends what suits you best.

Asghar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/10/19
So GF Factory has put out a new model (previously made the Glashutte Senator). I found this new watch on a non-trusted dealer's website. I can link it if you want, but I've copy/pasted everything here and I'm sure any of our TD's can get it. Price is $250ish for SS, $260ish for RG. I'm definitely going to be purchasing the SS one without a doubt.

Here's the gen:
A-Lange-Sohne-Saxonia-Moon-Phase-16.jpg

and the back:
a-lange-sohne-384-026_back.jpg

And the replica:

344422588005419305.jpg

412860546175340185.jpg

and a rose gold one:
343259772016635904.jpg

Gen Specs:
Case Dimensions40mm
Case Thickness9.8mm
Case Material18kt White Gold
Dial ColorSilver
CrystalScratch Resistant Sapphire
BezelFixed
Screw-in CrownNo
Water Resistance30m/100ft
Case BackTransparent
Band MaterialAlligator/Crocodile Leather
Color/FinishBlack
ClaspTang Buckle
MovementAutomatic 21,600vph
ComplicationsMoonphase
Replica Specs:
Case Diameter40mm
Thickness10 mm
BezelSolid 316L stainless steel bezel
Case MaterialSolid 316L stainless steel case
DialWhite Dial
StrapBlack leather strap, tang buckle
CrystalScratch-proof sapphire crystal
CasebackDisplay case with all detail engravings as per genuine
MovementAsian 2824 automatic movement at 28800vph. Decorated to be closed to Cal. 100-04 Glashutte Movement
FunctionHours, minutes, seconds and date display, also real working moon phase function
Water Resistance> 20 Meters

Here's a copy/paste of the text, but it's well written:

Hi Guys,
Recently in November 2016, one of replica factory in China called G Factory (GF) has been release the newest model of A. Lange & Sohne Saxonia Moonphase with 384.026 model. G factory is probably the only factory that have its own pride to produce single brand with focus to develop to be better and closer to genuine. After successfully made Senator models, now GF attend to repeat its success to produce another revolutionary replica.
When you look at the previous Senator model, you will find how good and how detail this factory is. Now they try to make new model with complexity ; grande date and moonphase features. Making the date and moonphase displayed on the dial is quite easy for any factory, but making it all well function and real accurate, is probably one of hard part from some factory. But we think that GF is quite put extra effort to make it even better.
Let's take a look closer on dial parts and movement parts deeper

DIAL PERSPECTIVES
LANGE%2520DIAL%25201.jpg

Look at all detail that GF did on this parts. Marker, date wheel, logo, date font, and the dial itself are perfectly made to be very close to genuine version. And it is perfect, probably you won't spot any flaws on this parts. Grande date (Large date) is working perfectly, the moving of the date is perfectly like genuine.
LANGE%2520DIAL%25202.jpg

When you look at the moon phase decoration, you will see huge different compare to any replica with moonphase function. GF is not just put the regular moonphase parts in the market, but they made their own in order to be closer to genuine. It is different from others, and when you see the genuine one, it will be the same like what GF did. The full moon display, the stars, and half moon, is perfectly cloned.

MOVEMENT PERSPECTIVES
A. Lange & Sohne Caliber L086.5, beats at 21,600 vph, composed out of 325 parts, contains 40 Jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 72 hours. That is the genuine movement of this models. Therefore GF worked very hard to get close to this movement. With A.2824 based, they modified some parts to make all features worked well, and they did it.
LANGE%2520MOVT%25201.jpg

All decoration and details engravings on this parts are perfects. Look at it by yourself, there is not "cheapy" things you can see on this one, very detail and well finished. All engravings are well made.
LANGE%2520MOVT%25202a.jpg

This one, is probably the best replica on price range $300-$500. Perfectly well made, and almost flawless in every parts of this models. We are not inspecting other parts, because when the factory made all details on dial and movement, we assumed that that other "easier" parts will made perfectly aswell.
This one is very recommended for you, and the price is quite worthy to get this perfect one.

Can you repost pics

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk