• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Lange Grande (?) - critique and movement type please????

the_villain

Looking Around
25/12/13
Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm taking advantage of your good nature or not by posting two watches for review in the same day, if so, I apologise. Anyway, I bought this from a website taobao, as I live in China and am too far away from guangzhou to make it worthwhile trekking down there for a proper watch hunt.

Can you please give me a critique and advise what kind of movement we're looking at with this. And also, whether it's worth the 900rmb (£90) I paid for it. Basically, I really want to know whether or not it's a piece of junk!

Many thanks, pictures below!!!

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
I don't think A. Lange & Sohne displays the days of the week like that. I think it's supposed to be the power reserve. I like the looks a lot and I'm considering this one. Can you tell me if everything works or if it's faux? Does the button on the side control the date or the mon-sun? Sorry for dead thread reply...just taking a shot.

htff

Horology Curious
14/1/15
original is 38.5mm i think. this 44mm is too big, but by itself it is a beautiful watch (not comparing to gen)

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
i did see a gen of that in some hodkinkee video. 38mm if i recall, looks good at that price point.

DSW3031

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/3/15
I want this one! This is gorgeous....what a great looking watch for the price.

Joujeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/10
wish the power reseve is working. I like to get one with a working power reserve. cant find them