• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with manual winding

Pcara22

Looking Around
10/12/13
Hi All,

I am new on this forum but have recently bought a replica A Lange 1815 model which is manual wind. The issue is that the winding mechanism does not fully wind.When the watch is lying flat in the dressing table it will work for up to 3 days. When I am wearing it, it will stop after say 10 hours and then I need to shake it to get it going again.
Is there are particular way in which you need to wind these watches or have I just bought a lemon? I really love this watch.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mapletree

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/9/13
I don't have a watch with the unitas movement but when a manual wind watch gets close to being fully wound, you should feel a strong resistance. You will definitely feel the difference.

I expect it would take at around 30 turns of the crown before its fully wound.

Saying all that, the fact that the watch stops and can be restarted by shaking it, is not a good sign.

seiko5

1/11/13
I had this happen too. Then I whacked it really hard on my hand and it stopped ever since. I think something was loose.

Vanilla

28/4/14
Maybe you can take it to your local watch repair store and have them service it? One good clean and the watch might work like new again.