• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What payment method ?

Dooba

Horology Curious
22/4/24
I am strongly considering placing an order with Andrew for a Rolex. Just curious what payment method is best/reliable in previous buyers opinions

Also if anyone has ever paid with Bitcoin and how it concluded?

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
In terms of security, some virtual banks or payment handling companies like Revolut can create single-use credit cards for online shopping, I think this is good so you don't have card number breach concerns. Crypto is a good way too since no one can touch yours unless you give them your key which you won't. I don't suggest BTC since the transaction fee is quite high but don't listen to me on this, I never tried.

Kramerwg

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
21/4/24
I bought two watches so far from Andy, paid one with credit card, and one with crypto, the discount for paying with crypto was way less than the fees applied by the crypto transfer provider, it was my first time using this paying method so there’s probably better ways to do it. Just sharing my personal experience. Credit card payment was quite straight forward via an external link provided by trusty, about 10$ commission feee.

Dooba

Horology Curious
22/4/24
Thanks guys. Think credit card may be best route as you can claim back with credit card if you don’t get your goods?

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
You will get the goods unless some how you’ve fallen victim to some massive scam. The TDs here are all trusted for good reason.

Reactions: Dooba

Dooba

Horology Curious
22/4/24
Oh yes. That’s why I’m here to do my research. Research is essential in all walks of life

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I use a Credit Card I normally dont use much. This way I can see if mine gets stolen by someone else. Now majority times I ordered with Trusty I was good. But interestingly last order and what do you know fraud protection kicks in someone tries to use it here in the states in a Scandinavian furniture store. Now I am not saying its because them but just something to pay attention to. No biggie got a new card number. This is actually why I like a credit card just free insurance.

Reactions: Dooba