• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What movement is this?

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
I'm replacing this from a shitter rep I bought maybe 15 years ago. Can someone help me identify it please? The case is decent, so I'd like to replace the movement with one that will fit in the same case.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I appreciate the help. I'm a newbie. So, if I get a replacement 2813 it should fit the case, right? Any recommendations?

Yes should be a direct swap. Just google the 2813 movement and compare pictures to yours. They come in slightly different variations, but they should all fit just the same.

Since you say that it is a rather cheap watch and the 2813, although quite reliable, is the cheapest movement really, it might also be an option to just bin it and buy a whole new watch. You will be amazed of todays quality. Unless your watch is of sentimental value of course.

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
Yes should be a direct swap. Just google the 2813 movement and compare pictures to yours. They come in slightly different variations, but they should all fit just the same.

Since you say that it is a rather cheap watch and the 2813, although quite reliable, is the cheapest movement really, it might also be an option to just bin it and buy a whole new watch. You will be amazed of todays quality. Unless your watch is of sentimental value of course.
Good point. I may just do that.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Benny200

Looking Around
31/12/23
It lokks like 2813 and You can replace it with Miyota 8215. It will fit onto the case and the hands are the same. I`ve done this in 2 watches. Miyota is generally much much better than 2813.

Reactions: Karbon74

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
It lokks like 2813 and You can replace it with Miyota 8215. It will fit onto the case and the hands are the same. I`ve done this in 2 watches. Miyota is generally much much better than 2813.
Thanks for the reply! I was thinking about using the Miyota 8215, but wouldn't I have to do a DWO?

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
It looks like a knockoff miyota 8215 to me. I’d verify the dial feet position before ordering your replacement movement.

Reactions: kidcreole