• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF's new Summer Blue Omega?

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
After much deliberation, my Summer Blue SMP300 finally arrived today. But now I’m torn and cannot decide which one of my ‘Blues Brothers’ I’m going to wear daily… they are both just so god damn good looking. Are we allowed one on each wrist?

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
After much deliberation, my Summer Blue SMP300 finally arrived today. But now I’m torn and cannot decide which one of my ‘Blues Brothers’ I’m going to wear daily… they are both just so god damn good looking. Are we allowed one on each wrist?

just don't turn it around to see the melted face, and the summer blue should win over, erm, summer? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Snooky

Snooky

Supporter
23/11/23
UK
I was going to make a rule that for the Summer months I’ll strictly wear the Summer Blue, and then for the other seasons I’ll wear the normal blue. But the thing is, I live in the UK which means our Summer is normally only about 1.5 days long, so it will hardly get any wear :ROFLMAO:

Reaps

-
25/9/22

Hmmmmm.... I actually think the right looks better - it's more cohesive in design. The left's blue is nicer, but the right overall works better, especially the red splash of text and red tipped hands really add something to the watch, while the left is more uniform and monotonous

Snooky

Supporter
23/11/23
UK
Hmmmmm.... I actually think the right looks better - it's more cohesive in design. The left's blue is nicer, but the right overall works better, especially the red splash of text and red tipped hands really add something to the watch, while the left is more uniform and monotonous
I’m with you on this I think @Reaps. I’ve always loved the classic Bond watch, and whilst I really like this Summer Blue variant, I think my heart belongs somewhere else.

That is until I manage to cop a ‘Great White’ with the luscious white dial and black bezel :love:

• Love
Reactions: Reaps

Mlinger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
24/2/24
Man... I want to like the Seamaster so much, but the lack of tapering of the bracelet really isn't my cup of tea unfortunately

Snooky

Supporter
23/11/23
UK
Man... I want to like the Seamaster so much, but the lack of tapering of the bracelet really isn't my cup of tea unfortunately
The lack of tapering isn’t that bad, IMHO. But you could always throw a rubber strap or mesh on it. Or any aftermarket strap, it’s pretty versatile (amazing on a nato) and a strap monster :D

Reactions: Mlinger

oldboyz

28/3/22
was very hyped at first with this 300m seamaster, then poseidon disapointed me!!! was hoping for a v2, but seems not.

anyway
i'm looking at a TD website and i've noticed there is a new rep from GDF (https://theonewatches.io/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=15838)
-no poseidon back :)
-twice cheaper!! (Miyota instead of a superclone)
-from the web pic, seems the VSF is quite more intense, while GDF seems to be much less shiny and fixed blue gradient

> have someone already compared the 2?

i don't mind the movement, and average open back is still better than this melted poseidon
but i'm afraid with quality of the DIAL, is it worth it?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
was very hyped at first with this 300m seamaster, then poseidon disapointed me!!! was hoping for a v2, but seems not.

anyway
i'm looking at a TD website and i've noticed there is a new rep from GDF (https://theonewatches.io/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=15838)
-no poseidon back :)
-twice cheaper!! (Miyota instead of a superclone)
-from the web pic, seems the VSF is quite more intense, while GDF seems to be much less shiny and fixed blue gradient

> have someone already compared the 2?

i don't mind the movement, and average open back is still better than this melted poseidon
but i'm afraid with quality of the DIAL, is it worth it?
Gdf makes low tier/chinatime/shitter level reps. You really can't compare gdf with vsf or other high level factories.

Reactions: Snooky and leo6929

Mlinger

Certified
24/2/24
The lack of tapering isn’t that bad, IMHO. But you could always throw a rubber strap or mesh on it. Or any aftermarket strap, it’s pretty versatile (amazing on a nato) and a strap monster :D
True story, I already have the blue bezel/dial Sedna Gold 300m on rubber. The summer blue dial is just so gorgeous though!

tiresmoke

8/4/06
I was going to make a rule that for the Summer months I’ll strictly wear the Summer Blue, and then for the other seasons I’ll wear the normal blue. But the thing is, I live in the UK which means our Summer is normally only about 1.5 days long, so it will hardly get any wear :ROFLMAO:

When I lived in Florida, the opposite was true... winter was the 4 days per year I had to wear long pants.

Now I'm in Texas. It not only gets cold in the winter, but it's between 100-114 degrees F (38-45 C) almost all days between June and September, so Mother Nature would definitely tell me which of these two watches would be most appropriate. :cool:

oldboyz

28/3/22
i will v2 (lol:?)
or some bargain from TD at some point (unless they don't dont care selling full price a miss (back) ?