• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Snoopy OMF vs RMF First World Problems Are Real!!!

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hi all,

Been in a real dilemma here. Looking for a Snoopy rep but more around the ~350 USD mark as the subdial issue with all these reps doesn't warrant the bloated price. I've narrowed it down between the OMF and RMF but if anyone has advice regarding this then I'm all ears. I know OMF make good Omega reps but haven't heard much about RMF. If anyone with experience with either of these reps could please offer advice I will pay you a hansome sum of cyber high-fives!

Thanks

OMF https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=23058
RMF https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=26111

Reactions: johnlogan

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Don't know about RMF.

But my advice for this always stands : go for the well known factory with more reviews and members who have bought it. You know what you're getting.

There's a reason noone knows or have heard of RMF.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Don't know about RMF.

But my advice for this always stands : go for the well known factory with more reviews and members who have bought it. You know what you're getting.

There's a reason noone knows or have heard of RMF.
Thanks, I'm thinking the same. They're similar from the looks of things but there's more information out there about OMF so it's likely a safer bet.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Did you manage to get this? I'm currently looking and am very interested in how it went :D @Yacht-Monster
I got the RMF, it’s basically like the expensive one with the lower price tag. Moving snoopy on the back and subdials with less spacing than some of the more expensive models.

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
Can I ask which TD you used; I checked with 2 back in December (don't recall exactly which factory, but it was not one of the $600 range ones), and was told that they weren't available from the factory...

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Can I ask which TD you used; I checked with 2 back in December (don't recall exactly which factory, but it was not one of the $600 range ones), and was told that they weren't available from the factory...
Trusty.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I’m happy to do a review. This is the RMF and although not perfect, the subs are closer than the OMF or other similar versions that are almost double the price. This also has the moving snoopy on the back. I put it on a blue rubber speedy strap and it’s great!

Reactions: Star70 and Reaps

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
I had one especially modified by AMF about 3 years ago so I had the best available at that time, but honestly it still left a lot to be desired (mostly the likeness on the sub dials, the dial colour and sub dial spacing. So I gave it away.
I still really like the watch and was wondering which is the most accurate now, ignoring price? Any advice or links would be GREATLY appreciated.
THANKS GUYS!!

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I had one especially modified by AMF about 3 years ago so I had the best available at that time, but honestly it still left a lot to be desired (mostly the likeness on the sub dials, the dial colour and sub dial spacing. So I gave it away.
I still really like the watch and was wondering which is the most accurate now, ignoring price? Any advice or links would be GREATLY appreciated.
THANKS GUYS!!
Was that the review with the rep plus the Ali rep for the bezel swap? I remember that.

The GSF and this RMF have the subs a little closer but still not as good as the gen. I haven’t owned the GSF but from what I can tell it’s no different than this RMF but this is almost half the price. Maybe the GSF has something better but dial, crystal and case alone I see no difference to justify the GSF price.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
Was that the review with the rep plus the Ali rep for the bezel swap? I remember that.

The GSF and this RMF have the subs a little closer but still not as good as the gen. I haven’t owned the GSF but from what I can tell it’s no different than this RMF but this is almost half the price. Maybe the GSF has something better but dial, crystal and case alone I see no difference to justify the GSF price.
Yes that's the one! Wow GREAT MEMORY!
So what you are saying is RMF one is no better than the one I gave away? If so, I'll just wait (or miss out).

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Yes that's the one! Wow GREAT MEMORY!
So what you are saying is RMF one is no better than the one I gave away? If so, I'll just wait (or miss out).
I think it’s better with the sub spacing but still further apart than the gen. GSF and RMF have them closer but still not like the gen.

I liked your build post, it was very informative.