• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time buyer| Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre edition VSF

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
Will be keeping a detailed log of order history and overall experience here for others to see. I couldn't find many reviews of the Spectre 300 edition so hopefully this helps others!

Contacted CT during LNY and despite it being a holiday they generally responded within 24 hours. I asked multiple questions regarding inventory, and then QC details on the 300 I ultimately decided on - all were answered in a timely manner, whereas a couple of other TDs either didn't respond or took days to get back.

2/19 - order placed
2/19 - payment instructions received 6 hours later
2/21 - wire transfer completed and email sent to CT

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

As a new subscriber, you've already been directed to this thread, please read carefully and look through the linked additional threads:

Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:

Most of the information you need to know to start is there. If you're preparing to buy, read the stickies before ordering. When you're finished, you can continue learning by reading the stickies in all remaining sections. If it's stickied, it's important information.

If you intend to sell, read the sales rules and all stickies in the sales section with particular care and make sure you understand each single rule. Sales rules infraction is taken very seriously here. As a new member you are not eligible to sell. Using the sales section is a privilege, eligibility must be earned, make sure you know and understand how.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist, advise, direct, explain. Don't hesitate.

Don't be afraid to post noob questions in the new members area. In doubt, use the flame free zone. If you feel uncomfortable anywhere in the new members area, please reach out to @eBoy or me. Mutual respect is of utmost importance to us. On the other hand, we're grown-ups and are supposed to be able to deal with a bit of irony, don't take it personally, ever, a bit of irony never harmed anyone. If you laugh at jokes, you'll make friends faster.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: oskar_the_black

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
2/21 - order updated from On Hold to Processing about 5 hours after sending wire transfer.

Now waiting on QC photos ⏳

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
Still waiting on QC photos - has been 15 days since payment was sent. Was told VSF watches have a minimum 12 day turnaround time for QC so hopefully have them soon.

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
QC photos were provided today. Bezel alignment seemed off and lume appears very faint - asking for confirmation/correction.

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
What was the response they gave you that let you decide to proceed with watch approval?

When I received the initial QC photos, the rotating bezel wasn't aligned at 12/0 position and the lume shot was very faint/weak. I asked if they could rotate the bezel to verify it lines up properly and for a better lume photo - both were provided showing watch was g2g (see attached).

Will post complete photos and review when I receive it - should be by EOW hopefully.

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
3/15 - Followed up on shipping status as there had been no update all week since QC was approved. Received reply that package had been picked up by courier and would receive domestic tracking info soon.
3/17 - received USPS tracking info from Alice showing package had arrived in NY on 3/14

sellman

Horology Curious
30/7/16
It looks stunning, I'm seriously tempted to buy this model too, I have an ORF NTTD which gets more wrist time than any other watch at the moment.

sellman

Horology Curious
30/7/16
It looks stunning, I'm seriously tempted to buy this model too, I have an ORF NTTD which gets more wrist time than any other watch at the moment.

Emendieta73

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/24
3/15 - Followed up on shipping status as there had been no update all week since QC was approved. Received reply that package had been picked up by courier and would receive domestic tracking info soon.
3/17 - received USPS tracking info from Alice showing package had arrived in NY on 3/14
Any updates on your time piece?

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
Any updates on your time piece?
Nope, I still haven't received it... Shipping shows it ping-ponging back and forth between Departed and Arrived from their FastTrack shipping partner in New York since 3/14 i.e. still coming from China/Singapore most likely. It's not even at Customs yet! That'll probably be another business week more.

I knew it was going to take a while based on other's reviews but this is ridiculous - almost 6 weeks now since I sent payment. For $30, you'd think they'd use a better shipping solution for small packets.

oskar_the_black

Horology Curious
20/2/24
Watch finally arrived. Tracking showed movement on Wednesday and got delivered this afternoon.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with the quality. IDK what a gen bracelet feels like but this one is pretty substantial with good weight - up there with my Strapcode/Uncle Seiko replacements. The bezel clicks evenly and is satisfying although it is a hair off alignment wise, and I mean a hair, virtually unnoticeable. The crown is a bit stiff and rotating the hands feels a tad flimsy but to be expected with a replica movement. The diver extension is very solid and clicks in a convincing manner. Lume works great, no idea how long it'll last on a full charge though. Overall, the fit and finish are a 8.5-9/10. The dial looks wonderful.

As far as CT goes, everything went smoothly. However, their choice of shipping service is extremely slow. In total, it took almost 6 weeks from order date to receive.

Reactions: Mike202022