• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First and Second Watch Reviews from Lucy

anywatch

Looking Around
27/2/23
USA
Since getting into reps and RWI last year, I have purchased two watches from Lucy. I read all of the requested NOOB reading and researched all of the TDs. There were several TDs that stood out. Some are great at being in communication with their clients. Some are great at sourcing and delivering a watch quickly. Then there is Lucy. Someone with years of experience allowing her to source watches from makers that make the best version of the watch that you want, both in terms of cloning and quality. She is also known for her QC. Spending lots of time on it, focusing on all aspects of the watch: dial layout imperfections, dial scratches, dust under the crystal, watch functionality, timing, crown, rotor, etc. She will also reject watches from makers as many times as necessary until they produce one that meets her standards. I also read that her level of QC comes with a commitment to time and patience. So when deciding on which TD to use, I could either have a watch quickly on my wrist but then possibly have to live with any imperfections that I find after I receive it, or I could get the watch that looks like the one that I want with impeccable QC so when its on my wrist, I am enjoying it fully without any distractions from imperfections. For me, having years of enjoyment from the watch easily outweighs the desire to have the watch on my wrist as soon as possible, so I chose Lucy.

I have loved the IWC Portugieser series for over 25 years so when I went for my first rep, I knew it would be one of those. Chronos are not my thing and I like annual calendars so I chose the IWC IW503507 Portugieser Annual Calendar Pisa Edition.

3/2/23 - Inquired about sourcing the IW503507
3/3/23 - Replied she could source it. ZF is the best maker. Explained her payment, QC, cleaning/adjusting and shipping process
3/4/23 - Payment made and notified Lucy
3/6/23 - Confirmation of payment received
3/22/23 - Inquired when to expect the QC pictures
3/22/23 - She sent the watch back 3 times because was not right
3/23/23 - She sent back a fourth time because the crown had a problem
4/17/23 - Asked about a V&C Traditionelle Complete Calendar 4010T and update on the IWC
4/24/23 - Checked in
5/1/23 - Checked in
5/11/23 - She sent the watch back 3 more times (for a total of 7 rejects) and sent QC pictures. Told me V&C was too new in the market to have any feedback.
5/30/23 - Timegrapher pictures
5/30/23 - GL
6/15/23 - Asked if in mail
6/28/23 - Sent
7/3/23 - Got tracking number
7/22/23 - Received watch and it is beautiful

For context, this was going on while she had a health issue that took her out for a while, raids throughout April, May and June, and a family member passing. Point being, it might take time to get your watch, but you will get it and it will be worth the wait.

In August I decided to pull the trigger on the Vacheron & Constantin Traditionelle Complete Calendar 4010T with the dark grey/black face.

8/13/23 - Asked if she heard any feedback about the V&C
8/15/23 - She got feedback from other dealers that it is good to get
8/17/23 - Payment made and notified Lucy
8/17/23 - Received payment
9/20/23 - Checked in
10/17/23 - Checked in
10/17/23 - Sent QC pictures
10/18/23 - Asked for timegrapher pictures
11/22/23 - Checked in
12/18/23 - Checked in
1/16/24 - Checked in
1/23/24 - Checked in after her post in RWI asking for contact
1/24/24 - Watch had dust on dial. Not an easy watch to get movement out of, dial scratched, got new dial and installed at her expense, still had dust, replaced watch with new one without dust. QC pictures and on timegrapher (+2s/d, 296°, 0.1 ms)
1/24/24 - GL
1/25/24 - Tracking number provided

Lucy lost money on this watch by paying out of pocket to fix the dial and make it right by me. That is how committed she is to her QC of our watches. I also call it integrity.

If you have not heard anything from her, be patient and understanding. A lot of things happen over there. Some known. Others unknown until after it has passed. Raids, illnesses, family members passing, CNY, other Chinese holidays, rejecting your watch to the makers multiple times if necessary (7 times for one of my watches),etc.. I learned what I forgot I read in a NOOB post: “TD’s cannot respond to every email. If there is no movement on your order, they will not respond.”

So if you haven’t heard from her in a while, remember, she can not respond to every email from every client while still simultaneously sourcing upwards of 70 watches, QC’ing them, rejecting and getting new ones, taking them to her watchsmith to clean and adjust (which is a service she provides for free and I do not know of any other TDs that does this), provide QC pictures and mail the watches to the clients. She will get back to you once she has a watch that meets her QC standards and that can take time. Have patience. I took to check ins once a month sometimes with no response for 3 months. I knew that going in, had patience and will be rewarded with a beautiful watch that I will enjoy wearing for years to come.

If you value quality over time, then Lucy is the TD for you.