• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cocktails

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Thought it could be fun to list our favorite cocktails here and maybe get some inspiration to try a new one next time. Also this could be a place to discuss how to make them and what ingredients to have.

These are my two top choices:

Dry martini
5cl gin, 1cl dry vermouth and 1 olive or a lemon twist

White Russian
4cl vodka (I use stolichnaya), 2cl kahlua and some milk

I also have a question for you:
Currently I have vodka, gin, dry vermouth and kahlua in my drinks cabinet but I am planning to buy white rum and some blue curaçao, apple sour and a banana liquor. Any advices on which drinks I could make with these spirits or should I buy something more?

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
have mint and lime? a mojito is awesome...good rum, sugar syrup(make it), fresh mint, lime juice, a bit of sparkling water and ice. the secret is to crush the mint in the glass when you start. it's great...also if you have limes try a caipiroska, very popular here. stronger however than a mojito. just google the name if you want more info, they are very simple.

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
Captain Morgan/Coke! And lots of them!
icon14.gif

Lorentzo

4/5/10
have mint and lime? a mojito is awesome...good rum, sugar syrup(make it), fresh mint, lime juice, a bit of sparkling water and ice. the secret is to crush the mint in the glass when you start. it's great...also if you have limes try a caipiroska, very popular here. stronger however than a mojito. just google the name if you want more info, they are very simple.

Don't have it right now but when I will have a drinks night I will definitely buy it. Actually mojitos were one of the reasons why I will buy a nice rum.

Caipiroshka is also one of my favorites. Ordered a large one at a ladyboy show in Thailand (were there with my gf and her sister they wanted to see it) and it was so strong I thought they had put something in it. I almost feared for my life :D I thought I would be drugged, robbed and killed!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
B-52 .... 1.5 oz of Irish Cream, 1.5 oz of Kaluha, 1 oz of Grand Manier ... pour into a shaker with ice and strain .... DELISH !!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Whiskey.
Ingredients: Whiskey
Add ons: Ice, mint julip

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

tflgee

1/9/09
Whiskey.
Ingredients: Whiskey
Add ons: Ice, mint julip

+1 on the whiskey (single malt, but without the add ons)

A nice Margarita or Mojito is good at the right time. But those are easy drinks to screw up too. Man I've had some horrid margaritas.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Kentucky Champagne:

Makers Mark and Ale 8 One

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Manhattan
Two shots bourbon
Half shot sweet vermouth
Dash of bitters
Martini shaker or on the rocks
Cherry

Brandy Manhattan
Substitute two shots brandy for bourbon

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Have to fill in with another favorite of mine.

Passion for grass:
Zubrowka bison vodka, champagne and passion fruit juice

Ordered it at a restaurant and it was one of the best cocktails I've had, unfortunately there seems to be no recipe for it. Don't know if it is ok to ask the bartender at the restaurant?

The manhattan looks very nice, and it is a classic. Need to try that one sometime

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Definitely Gin & Tonic... Also like, I think it was called the Godfather.. Grand Marnier and Amaretto.

For fun you could do apple martini's.

Lorentzo

4/5/10
For fun you could do apple martini's.

I'm godlike at doing appletinis :D it was the one cocktail that started it all. It was the first i ordered on my first night of legal bar age, and I still like the taste of it once in a while. Always keep a bottle of apple liquor at home just in case.

Dudemeister

Known Member
15/9/09
Mixed drink.

Captain's Delight

2oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1/2oz. Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
8oz. Coke
Ice.

For a cold blended drink I like the Outback's Walla-be-Darned

8oz. frozen sliced peaches
2oz. champagne
1oz. peach schnapps
1oz. vodka
4oz. peach puree
ice cubes

Add some sugar to sweeten to your taste, then blend briefly.