• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Attempt to sell rep watch goes wrong?

A2stiff

Horology Curious
15/5/23
Houston Texas
This friend of mine tried meeting up with a Facebookmarketplace buyer . After the buyer no showed my friend went back home to rest then 30-45min later My friend stepped foot outside got robbed at gunpoint and beat outside of his house after being followed what should he do ? And if he tells the cops would there be any consequences on his side for trying / attempt/ to sell the replica watch but in fact never did sell the watch .

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Man that sucks. This is theft and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. That's a very serious offense so It does not matter that he was selling a replica. And IMO as an attorney, the assault is unrelated to the sale of the replica as it did not happen during the sale or at the convened meetup place for the sale but outside of his home 30-45mn later.

He could refer to the meetup for the sale to give a potential lead for the investigation. He can refer to the watch as a homage to the gen and state its correct value but honestly it wouldn't matter to the police/prosecutor. The main thing here is not the stolen watch, it's the the deadly weapon used for the assault and the theft. They could have stolen a penny that it wouldn't reduce the seriousness of the offence.

Sorry for your friend and good luck.

Reactions: maxlex

maxlex

Renowned Member
Supporter
27/12/15
The Netherlands
I agree with @KGZ Rep or Gen is not an issue, the Robbert with a gun is a very very serious crime, the Police must be informed