• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 Blue Sw vs buff dial

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Which one is more gen like?

And which one has a nicer looking blue with good sunburst?

Kylix

Horology Curious
Patron
21/9/17
UAE
I've seen Buff v1/v3, VSV/SW, PPF v4 and non-boxed logo gen blue dials in person. I must say that their true colors, tints, shades and sunbursts are impossible to figure out from pics or even from videos. Imho the only way of it to procure the more of them one is able to. My current vote is for Buff v3. My 2 cents and for each their own, ofc.
Granted this was in January so I’m not sure if things have changed since then.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
The Buff V3 "non boxed" is the nicest, Imo it is the most refined i've seen. ( box VS non boxed this is very personal preference).

The Buff V1 is more "deep" greenish, the SW is more "light" bluish/Green the V3 is more Greyish and slighly more refined and less sunburst than V1 (V1 is too much imo- SW does a better job on 5712 imo).
-Color wise, buff v3 is a bit more refined, but both V1 & V3 are good enough color wise to be compared with gen (s) .- Gen being a bit more refined and less sunburst imo (specially compare to V1).
-Shape wise, none of them compare with gen to my eyes, mainly due to the stipes shape, on this aspect gen is much more refined. These are very good rep dial, that only an expert will identify as non genuine but shape wise these are "far" from Gen.

To moderate the above, i would echo what others are saying most of the time here, if you can afford the real mc coy you can wear these 2 dials in full confidence, nobody will ever call you out watch on the wrist (if you case is at the level of the dial of course) .... if you are planning to use it to shine on instagram this is another story...

Kylix

Horology Curious
Patron
21/9/17
UAE
The Buff V3 "non boxed" is the nicest, Imo it is the most refined i've seen. ( box VS non boxed this is very personal preference).

The Buff V1 is more "deep" greenish, the SW is more "light" bluish/Green the V3 is more Greyish and slighly more refined and less sunburst than V1 (V1 is too much imo- SW does a better job on 5712 imo).
-Color wise, buff v3 is a bit more refined, but both V1 & V3 are good enough color wise to be compared with gen (s) .- Gen being a bit more refined and less sunburst imo (specially compare to V1).
-Shape wise, none of them compare with gen to my eyes, mainly due to the stipes shape, on this aspect gen is much more refined. These are very good rep dial, that only an expert will identify as non genuine but shape wise these are "far" from Gen.

To moderate the above, i would echo what others are saying most of the time here, if you can afford the real mc coy you can wear these 2 dials in full confidence, nobody will ever call you out watch on the wrist (if you case is at the level of the dial of course) .... if you are planning to use it to shine on instagram this is another story...
Thank you for the valuable insight. Honestly this whole ordeal with the 5711 and 5712 is the reason I have yet to pull the trigger on one yet. I like both of them, but I’m not well versed enough to notice the subtle differences enough and be confident in what I wear. Granted most of these differences are minuscule and only noticeable when you have a gen to compare to, but I’m in Dubai and that can happen more commonly than you’d expect :LOL:.

aleks hk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/24
Same in HK but I'd second the observation on SW 5712 being very good.

Also I have still never seen anyone wearing a real 5711 here (they all seem to be locked up in safes), but have seen a few wearing 5811s... so if you are wearing a rep 5711 maybe it's enough to just be like “that white gold is nice... I'm still stuck on the cheap old steel one” :cool:

Reactions: Kylix

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Which one is more gen like?

And which one has a nicer looking blue with good sunburst?
Here some pics of the latest SW boxed dial

and some pics of the latest Buff V3 non boxed dial (keep in mind that the stripes of this dial are a bit wider than gen ones and the stripes of the other custom dials)

I am doing a mod with the latest SW dial ATM.

navarro86jm

Supporter
Certified
19/7/23
EU
For my opinion right now SW without a doubt

and some pics of the latest Buff V3 non boxed dial (keep in mind that the stripes of this dial are a bit wider than gen ones and the stripes of the other custom dials)

For my opinion right now SW without a doubt :)

benissimo

Known Member
3/6/21
EU
Markers on both of them look way too rounded. Otherwise SW is much nicer color and texture wise imo.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Markers on both of them look way too rounded. Otherwise SW is much nicer color and texture wise imo.
Yes, the rounded markers are the disadvantage on both dials, Buff and SW.
But color and texture seems nicer on SW imo.
The minute dots are a little wonky in some areas (especially at the edge of the stripes) on all custom dials and are better on PPF dials.

navarro86jm

Supporter
Certified
19/7/23
EU
SW

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
None of the photos and videos reflects the true colors and hues of the Buff, SW and gen dials. Imho choosing a blue 5711 rep dial should be based on a real life personal experience and preference rather than on others' opinions. No rep dials compare to blue 5711 gen. I think both Buff and SW dials are quite good and you should decide between them upon personal inspection. My 2 cents ofc.

Reactions: Kylix

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
None of the photos and videos reflects the true colors and hues of the Buff, SW and gen dials. Imho choosing a blue 5711 rep dial should be based on a real life personal experience and preference rather than on others' opinions. No rep dials compare to blue 5711 gen. I think both Buff and SW dials are quite good and you should decide between them upon personal inspection. My 2 cents ofc.
Even photos of sw and buff are difficult to tell unless you look at the dials IRL.

But if SW has a nicer lighter blue and not dark like the green 5711

Reactions: grillbrill

Salt_Experience1469

Looking Around
5/5/24

That latest SW dial looks gorgeous. Can see it pulling the blue, green, and grey hues together nicely—which I love.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
That latest SW dial looks gorgeous. Can see it pulling the blue, green, and grey hues together nicely—which I love.
I noticed the same thing when I compared the newest SW and Buff V3. That's why I opted for SW instead of the Buff V3. In addition, the stripes of the Buff V3 are a little too wide compared to gen and SW. This was another reason for choosing the SW over Buff V3.