• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A2836-2 GMT Keyless

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Hey mates!

Today i got the Noob Polar Explorer II for my friend and noticed, that the winding system was not working properly. So i took the thing apart (not the first time) to reset the keyless. Normally this is an easy fix for me but this time i don't get it to set properly cause i have a part here wich i don't know where to put. Maybe you can help me out with a photograph of a properly installed GMT keyless. :)

Thank's guys!

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
The only extra parts fitted to a 2836-2 movement to perform the GMT function are three gears. These gears are not part of keyless works of the movement. So I'm not sure what this extra part is you have, a photo of the part you have would clear this up !

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
I'll return with a quick shot when i'm back home. Thanks in advance!

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Got the thing together but my problem now is:

When i remove the stem, the keyless doesn't go back into starting position. This causes the stem not to lock in again. What's wrong here?

una7u7uh.jpg

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
The picture is not clear enough for me to see the keyless in detail, but the gear you have fixed on the quickset day corrector screw is wrong, it should be much bigger that shown and mesh with the GMT hour wheel.

Sorry, quickset date gear is correct in size, just didn't look at your photo in enough detail!.

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Sorry, i don't get what you mean, cause i didn't change anything on the movement except resetting the keyless. When i remove the stem and try to put it back in, the mechanism doesn't lock again. But the keyless works well when the stem is in without removingy The next big problem i have is that i cannot change the date properly anymore.

Oh lord - this thing drives me nuts! And it's not mine!

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Guys, i need a new movement - this thing kills me. Anyone who has a spare 2836, please send me a PM.

D

d4m.test

ehyqyjur.jpg

Red is the part that keeps the stem in. Make sure it's fully seated.

Green points to the yoke, which should be seated in the sliding pinion groove as drawn in yellow/green.

ajede9a5.jpg

I assume this is the extra part. Purple is a wheel for turning the date wheel. It's upside down. Flip it over and put it in the rectangular groove. The minute train bridge (flat thin loose piece above) will hold it down.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Thank's so much for your effort. I did it exactly this way - not the first time but i again and again had problems when i removed the stem after reassembling. The stem wouldn't lock in again... The second problem i got is that the date mechanism didn't work properly anymore. After installing the datewheel again, it worked very rattly at first and then totally blocked. This way i broke the small pin which holds the wheel wich is moving the purple date wheel / time setting wheel. So i need this part now. Oh and a new date wheel as the color came off. -.-

D

d4m.test

Ah Oh well. You can buy just individual parts of the keyless. They're about $5 each on average. Sounds like you snapped the double corrector Lever (?) and perhaps your yoke and/or setting lever spring got bent at the factory by a rough assembler jamming in the stem. Ofrei in the US or Cousins UK can provide parts. Make sure you have some oil if popping in New parts.

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
That sounds like an advice. For this special watch i would prefer to have a total new movement. I don't want to risk the movement to b**ch around after a few days as it is not for me and i want it to be as perfect as possible. I will keep this movement for myself.

Do you have a spare 2836 :) :)

D

d4m.test

Lol sorry I don't think so. I'll check. Do you know how to convert it to a gmt movement?